Thursday, August 17, 2006

~~ Does time fly or is it something else...don't know but now it's getting dark in the evening just a little earlier than only 2 weeks ago...the mornings aren't as light when I'm out on the road w/The Husband...driving to the terminal is a little grayer than it was early in the month. The birds aren't singing quite as early as they were, and finally there is a break in the heat that was baking not only the east coast but also the entire nation.

There has been a good deal of work done in the studio -- the sunroom/studio is now comfortable enough to let me create ~~ something I wasn't able to do for much longer than 10 minutes. The heat was absolutely unbearable for me...when I felt brave enough, the glance at the thermometer only made my neck feel hotter than before...usually 92 or so before Noon...so any work had to be hit or miss. Now it feels much better, and we've been fortunate to have a gentle breeze coming in thru the west windows. I've also been able to get some painting in for a couple pieces that needed some extra color for background shades. These were mostly colors that I needed to offset other papers I'd worked into the piece. Both pieces had to do with ocean life...little mermaids and one mer-baby. He's turned out much different than I'd originally thought he'd look. Actually, if I don't mind saying so, he's actually quite the cutie. Lil' fat-chubby cheeks, big smile and big eyes. He's going to have some toys in his fat little hands, and his tail is a combination of greens, blues and pale sky-blue. He's got glitter, too. Every little boy likes to see shiny things, so why not a mer-baby too?

Now the day is coming to a close...there are more thots but the two sons have come back from doing something over near the Beach...so there will be more later...and some questions about Art...does it have to have a profound statement to make...or can the work make the viewer and artist comfortable with what's being represented on the canvas, or in the case of mixed - media..any combination of canvas, wood, plastic, or whatever....I'm getting several different views being thrown toward me...and not sure which is the "correct" one to embrace....

Lady of The Tulips ~~~

No comments: