Wednesday, August 02, 2006

~~~ There's a song in my heart ~~~ But it's not for those who go thru life thinking the world is for the beating...

2 weeks ago my car decided it didn't want to run anymore...well, actually -- it'd been acting like a little brat...not wanting to go from a stop at an intersection, making strange sputtering noises, coughing, belching (sorta like The Husband when he eats something like chili or pizza ~~ then an hour later has a bowl of ice cream...) -- But the car would sometimes jus' keep on going, like there was nothing wrong.

The one day (of all dayz...my 30th wedding anniversary) that it died, it'd stopped jus' before a pretty bizzy intersection....in a right-hand-turn lane only....I was desperately trying to wave people to go around me...trying to get the car to move after starting it up over & over...Finally had a good samaratain (sp) come to my aide and pushed my car into a parking lot no more than 50 feet from where I was.

I was a mess!! I usually don't cry...but it was well over 95 degrees...no air conditioning in the station wagon to boot....So -- I went inside a Cash Advance office...they were kind enuf to let me sit & get myself back together as best a I could.

Then, after thinking the car was jus' angry from the heat..I figured it'd be fine & dandy to drive. HA!! ~~ Got to the next intersection...and not just before the light..but just smack DAB in the middle of the intersection...Dead as can be....I kept tryin' to get it to run...people were passin' me..cusing me out...calling me everything in the book...an' even tho a repair shop was on the corner, & a mechanic was standing by the door to his garage..no one came to help me out...The very special thing, was when the light changed for oncoming traffic to do thru the intersection...one guy jus' absolutely floored his car...directly at me.

Anyway -- I finally got a tow truck (after waiting in a quick-stop type store) -- but even in there...fighting w/my insurance company and suddenly realizing I was in between a 40 oz. beer and people buying said "40" -- (The owner kindly let me use her store phone -- ) I jus' walked from the phone after getting a tow truck secured...walked down one isle of the store, and absolutely cried and cried. This was my 30th Wedding Anniversary !! Yahoo!!

$200 later -- after waiting 3 days to get to my mechanic..I figured All Is Well!! HA!!

Jus' yesterday, the exact thing happens again...tho this time in a much bigger intersection 3 lanes each directon-- an' me tryin' to push my car out of said intersection...I finally get to the inside of a restraunt...a wonderful woman who had seen me struggling in the attempt to move my car let me use her cell phone..an' a fantastic gentleman came to my rescue an' pushed my car to the parking lot of the restraunt. Once I got to my insurance Co., the woman had to leave, making sure I was ok -- Iwas starting to cool off..an' thot -- well -- certainly I need something to cool me off...no soft drink, just water. The cashier didn't want to give me any....I was drenched -- I looked a wreck...the patrons next to me gave me UGLY glares, an' actually moved away from me. This after I explained my situation....I"m having an emergency...an' these business men look at my like I should have just died instead of bothering them....

Some people --- I'm firmly convenced (sp) have a special door..with their name on it..and said door is leading straight to HELL!!!

These doors are for all of those people, who, cusing me out ---refusing to come to assist me (Temps by the way at the time of my cars demise...102...) and looking at my attempts to move my car -- alone -- without doing ONE THING!!! --- hmmmm -- there's nothing else to say.

They should REALLY consider how they would react if this situation would happen to their wife...sister....mother....MAYBE -- just MAYBE -- they would react differently.

I'm still optimistic this could happen.

I'm still shaky from the heat...so shall close for now...in the morning I'll see about gettin' the car repaired -- again --

Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Pshew! Car trouble seems to be in the air this week. I'm going to baby mine so it doesn't poop out on me!

Your blog is great! I hope you're having fun with it! I'm having fun reading your posts!!

Hugs,
Tammy

LadyTulip said...

~~~ Thank You!! ~~~

I'm carefully letting my olest son drive the car for now...his is dead (no shift lever ) for now, so HE's babyin' my car...

I'll post some more later today - 0 - tomorrow... Tryin to rest from all this swealtering HEAT!! Blah....