Thursday, October 05, 2006

Well, it's been a few days , to say the least, since I last got something written here...seems like the time I need to sit down an' 'splain somethin, there is always 49,507 other things that pop up an' grab me 'roun' the throat an' say "Listen Here!!!" So -- those have been put outside next to the shed, poutin' an' kickin' rocks against the backyard fence...an' they can stay there for the next few days..

Just got thru drivin' the youngest to another temp job...he has a good agency that places him with companies that only need a worker maybe one - o - 2 days -- the pay isn't anything to write home about, but at least he gets experience an' does get some $$ in the bank. Today he's workin' at a local college, doin' "Grounds Maintenance" -- which is somethin' he enjoys, an' will probably make near $45 for the day. Pays Bills, as he sez, so it's worth gettin' to the place at 6:00 a.m. ~~ usually I'm in slumber-land, but he 's done with the work over near the Beach, so now he's on to something else.

~~~ What is so disturbing, is just the driving around this area ~~ This is something I know I've ranted about in other posts, but it defies description, at best -- there are so many UGLY Drivers out there...Take for instance this morning. I got hung-up in an intersection where the left turn light wasn't workin' -- jus' sat there on red thru 10 - 12 min. of signal changes. So -- I attempted to get into the right lane, that would allow me to go straight, into a industrial complex, 'bout 1/4 Mi. from my house. If I could get thru that area, I knew I could get back home.....Sounds simple enuf...HA!! Once a car pulled up to my right at the intersection, I honked, an' waved my hand at the driver to let me pull in front of him -- with my right turn indicator on. He was SOOO confused, rolled his window down like his pocket protector would get dirt on it -- frowned -- an' sez, "What??!! What did I DO???!!!" I simply said, "The light isn't working, an' I just need to get over in that lane to go straight? Can I do that?" He gave me the DIRTIEST look, but let me over....Shwoo...one step taken care of....HOWEVAH....once I got into the industrial park, I suddenly realized there were no cross roads to get to the main street going around the park and the adjoining airport road...hmmm...hmmm...

So -- I stopped at one intersection, an' nearly got wiped out by people in a hurry to get to work...never mind the speed limit sign said 25 ~~ These people are doin' 40 an' by GAWD don' SLOW THEM DOWN!!! I'm lookin' an' lookin' -- tryin' to figure out where to go....I drive aroun' an' around..people are glarin' an slyin' past me, while I'm pulled off on the side of these streets, gettin' more an' more upset....One guy in some dip-stick "Hot-Rod " nearly side-swiped me while I was desperately tryin' to get into a driveway to ask someone, ANYONE for directions. FINALLY ~~ in complete desperation, I literally WAVED BOTH ARMS OUT THE WINDOW AT A VAN -- an YELLED "HELP!!! HELP!!!" The guy at first just drove past me!!! Cars drivin' past KEPT ON GOING!!! What if I was suddenly ill?? What if I was havin' a heart attack? These shallow, vain people had no concerns other than their shelfish GARBAGE an' didn't give me the time of day!!!

Finally this van stopped an' backed up, while I was still wavin' my arms (BOTH!!) out the window sayin' HELP!!! I NEED SOME HELP!!! He very gingerly rolled down his window like I was gonna shoot him or somethin' -- an' finally sez, "You need somethin'?" I told him I simply wanted directions to where I needed to go, an' he couldn't help me -- didn't know where I needed to go, an' jus' sorta shook his head. Finally I jus' pulled the wagon back into another intersection, an' went back the original way I came in. I was shakin' -- was nearly in tears -- an' all the time jus' kept thinking ~~ If this was a sister....mother..wife to any of these people, would they react the same ugly, nasty mean way? And -- what does it say about the way people show "concern" for others? WAIT -- it shows there IS NO CONCERN FOR OTHERS!!! Well -- by jinkiees -- How silly of me!! To think that the majority of people racing to get to work in the morning would rather see somebody stranded on the side of the road, an' not do a thing to help? Hey!! Guess WHAT???!!!! THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WENT THROUGH!!!! Probably 75 - 100 cars, with nobody stoppin' to see if I needed help....

Maybe it's just my imagination, but WHAT THE $"^{$&{*){( is WRONG with this picture? Kindness is pretty much non-existent to the vast majority of drivers in this city -- And like The Husband said, "Don't expect somebody to come to your aide...they'd just as well run over you an' then scream at your dead body for slowin' them down..."

Somebody want to let me know if maybe I'm just over reacting? I don't think I am - Just wondering why the country in goin' to He- - in a hand-basket...

Lady of The Tulips - who's now reconsidering some land she looked at not far from where she used to live -- near the Ozarks -- maybe this is the time to negotiate ---

No comments: