Sunday, January 28, 2007

*** Well I swanny!! ***

Here it is Sunday already, an' I've still got my lil' project sitting out in the studio, being very patient and quiet...sometimes I'm glad that the little fairies who live out there don't suddenly pop up an' slap me upside my head. And yes, sometimes I really do believe there are little fairies out there...pieces of paper...bottles of paint have this Thang about moving from where I'd set them down on the table...an' not be there the next time I've needed to use them. An' I know for certain it's not The Dog -- she moves so much at the speed of a snore that I'd be suprised if she jumped up for something other than biting her fleas.

So -- at long last, it seems that early in the week, I'm finally going to break down an' buy a NEW CAMERA!!! -- my middle one is quite good with cameras, an' since he's the one who has taken most of the pictures of my work, naturally I've asked him to go with me to the area computer/electronic stores, an' tell me what certain cameras have as far as qualities for getting good clear pictures. I'm not into all the great-glam-gettin'-action photos type cameras...I'm more interested in getting something that's pretty basic...can get the detail of my collages photographed well, an' also get an "Action Photo" of The Dog or The Husband while their at their best...each on their respective couch, snoring so the curtains are moving in the breeze from each of them.... WELL ~~ anyway..you get the idea. Something not too outrageously priced...not something that has 1,203.496 extra goodies included...I'd be 85 by the time I'd learn all the extra thangs on some of the cameras we've looked at. But, I'm pretty excited by the whole thing..an' it should be -- in theory -- by midweek that I'll have the lil' goodie in my hot little paw.

The Husband, yaahhhwwwwhhooooo is finally going in and seeing a Dr. about his uneven blood-pressure. The original Dr. that he saw a few weeks ago, finally called him an' said that a group of Dr's have looked over his chart (s) an' The Husband will be seeing one of them tomorrow afternoon. It sounds weird, but hopefully they'll take his pressure after he's been drivin' all day, so they'll have a chance to see what a full day of truckin' does to/for him. The Husband tho, is NOT lookin' forward to the part that he knows is coming along with the visit...the part where the Dr. will tell him -- "Loose Weight!!" -- The Husband has been absolutely in DENIAL of this for wayyy too long, an' now it's lurking right in front of him. Fortunately, a friend of our middle son, has a book that her father used to get back to the ideal weight for his body type -- he lost over 90 (!!!) pounds, so I'm absolutely going to get a copy of the book for The Husband to not only read, but put into WORK -- I can shout, yell, scream, beat the wall about how over weight The Husband is...but it literally goes in one ear an' out th other to him...he is going to HAVE TO loose the weight or the truck driving may go away...an' that's NOT a good thing. It'll all work out for the good, so it's gonna be worth whatever the cost for the visit is gonna come to.

Bought some paks of beads the other day.. an' also got some storage baskets to put all my goodies in that were sitting in ugly cardboard boxes...the paper in the cardboard has a tendancy to do weird things to certain kinds of art paper...something about the treatment of wood fiber that makes the cardboard has sometimes discolored paper I've stored in it...can't tell if it's the art paper, or the cardboard...but either way it wasn't makin' me too thrilled. Now I've got papers stored in plastic bags, most labeled, an' then stacked in the baskets. The storage bags make it so much easier for me to immediately see what's in each bag, an' then I can thumb thru the stack, see which one I want, an' go from there. An' the storage bags are so cheap at the grocery store...sometimes on sale for less than $1.00 -- Not to be passed up at that price!! And I've also got some new larger storage boxes..clear plastic that allow me to see what's in each box...so I can pop one open, grab whatever I need out of it, close it back up, an' know that dirt an' DOG HAIR won't get on the papers, fabric, or whatever is stored in the box. I don' know who designed those plastic storage boxes, but I hope they got a good retirement outta designing them....an' have a good time in Florida or wherever they are!!

Mus' go now -- I've got the Seldom Scene on the Bluegrass Channel (cable) an' feel pretty good...may even break down an' do a lil' dance on my way out to the Studio...but will have to be careful NOT to trip over The Dog....sheesh...

Lady of The Tulips -- who has tulips in the flower beds, that have not shown their lil' faces yet this winter...but the daffodils are ready to pop open, an' the camelia is in bloom..all pink an' frilly flowers tumbing their nose at the cold temps...

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Yay!! I can't wait to see some photos from your new camera! I LOVE mine!!

LadyTulip said...

~~~ I'm nervous -- excited -- an' ohh so thrilled I broke down an' got one!!

Soon some goodies shall appear!!


lauri