Sunday, February 04, 2007

"Starshine"

Copyright 2007 SpringBay Studio

Originally I'd made this lil' picture but after looking at it for a spell, it made me feel like it needed some more stuff -- So, finding some more stars, glitter stuff I painted not too long ago, an' some other collage papers, I had a field day -- got some matte medium and put the rest of the goodies on the piece ~~ not too bad for something that I really wasn't too thrilled with. I think it was actually a stage of "Ohh Woe is Meee...I'm not good...I'm not anyting that anybody wants to deal with..." -- BLAH --

So - now there are some other pieces that I'm gettin' ready to get into the computer, an' someothers that I need to get photographed ~~ my middle one is giving me a crash course in workin' with the new digital camera. Nothing like the old fashioned ones I've used in the past...an' a whole lot cheaper than' those old ones from WAY back in the day that developed while you sat an' watched...they had some ditty - name but I can't remember what. They were a mess if you happened to get some of the developing glop on your hand...an' sometimes the paper would do weird things...my youngest made a nasty face one day when one of those pictures threw-up on me an' spilled that glop all over me. Naturally we were at the beach -- not close to any water (other than the ocean..) where I could wash my hands...an' when we DID make it to the bathrooms at the state park...they were closed for the winter. BLAST!!

Those were the days...

Well -- This is a short post - but I have some watercolor paper dryin' in the Sunroom/Studio -- an' I need to skeedaddle (is that how that's spelled??) back in there.

Lady of The Tulips - who has to enjoy the sunshine in the room before the weather turns icky-gak in the next couple days....we had flurries the other day, an' that was quite ENOUGH of THAT!! -- thank you very much...

4 comments:

Krystin Clark said...

Aaaah yes. The modern joys of digital cameras. Now, whenever taking a picture of ANYTHING my girls practically tackle the photographer "let me see! let me see!" I tell them about the horrors of growing up with a camera that you had to WAIT until the pictures were developed.

I can't believe I'm old enough to do a "when I was your age....." damn technology. If it didn't change in leaps and bounds, age would be hard to measure.

Cool collage, when I first saw it it looked like a quilt, is there fabric in it, or just paper?

Cheers!

LadyTulip said...

~~ Jus' paper an' paper krystin -- I'd considered using some fabric I'd unearthed from a file cabinet, but the color wasn't quite what I needed...half a shade off. Not like I can be..half a bubble off...


Anyway - I know what ya mean 'bout the kids screamin' about gettin' their picture done...my EARS!!....

hugz -- lauri

PennyBlue said...

It's a very happy piece I think!

LadyTulip said...

~~ Thanx !! ~~

I had fun with this piece -- all the time I waz workin' on it I was singing ...no, not out loud, jus' in my head. Otherwise The Dog would have freaked out...

Glad ya like it

lauri