Monday, May 07, 2007


This is my new and improved studio space...actually it's the opposite wall from my work table. These are the books that I've had for over a zillion years, and most are old, but I'd never throw them away. My youngest has repeatedly told me to throw away lots & lots of them, but I can't find it in my heart to throw away any reading material. And since I've been a librarian, the whole idea of getting read of books makes me ill. This space was occupied with some sort of weird thing when we first bought the house, and I immediately knew once looking at the space, that it would house all our books. The majority of childrens books have been thinned out, and are now taking up space in the attic. What are left on the shelves are ones that I either love to look at and read breifly (i.e. -- procrastinating while at work...) or just have some kind of great artwork in them. The adult books are pretty basic...no shocking types are on the shelves, no outrageous trash novels. Agatha Christie is as risque (is that right?) as I can get on the murder genre.
And now I've found out I've BEEN TAGGED!! OHHH>>>> I'll get YOU my pretty...ms. Bluejude done did this to me.....hmmm..
OK -- 7 things about me? -- Ah HA! I know...
1. -- When I get really stressed out with The Husband in a conversation, I start to stutter.
2. -- I hate shaving my legs...drives me up the wall.
3. -- I have a fondness for beer. Think I've mentioned before, I'm English, Irish and German. Kinda makes sense I'd like beer...Tom T. Hall has a song about beer, too.
4. -- I dispise mopping my kitchen floor. Even after buying one of those nifty Swiffer goodies...and what IS that blob by the dishwasher, anyway?
5. -- I drink my strong coffee with milk. If The Husband makes a pot in the morning, I have to thin it with water AND milk...yeah, it's THAT strong...
6. -- Love to get tan in summer, but am terribly afraid of skin cancer now...besides...think of Beached Whale and me laying in the sun...
7. -- I sometimes laugh so hard when listening to my middle son tell stories, that I nearly have to go change my pants...and I have to continually wipe my eyes because I laugh so hard I cry. Which makes it very difficult if I listen to him while driving The Very Fine Automobile...
Think that's all the Tagged Stuff. Now I'd like to tag Ms. Colleen @ Loose Leaf Notes and Ms. Ruthie too at My Heart My Art...lets hear (Or is that see?) what there is with YOU!!
Lady of The Tulips -- who has to go in a round about direction to get on her Blog, 'cause her internet explorer is trying to die...over an hour with "Tech Support" and they couldn't do a THANG!!! and wouldn't ya know it...I"M OUT OF TUMS!!!!!!!

3 comments:

PennyBlue said...

Too funny! I totally relate to #2,3, and 4!

LadyTulip said...

** Wayy back in the 60's & 70's, it would drive my parents to DISTRACTION when they'd see that I didn't shave my legs.

** An' I could definetly stand to listen to the Tom T. Hall song right about now...

** Plus...being someone who has cleaned houses for a living, isn't it weird that I hate to do that very work in my OWN house??

Anonymous said...

I shaved my legs for a short time because I thought I was SUPOSSED to . I don't anymore and don't need to...especially not while drinking a beer!