Friday, August 10, 2007

"Gift Box" -- 2007 ~~ Spring Bay Studio ~~

This is a little box I made for a friend that needs some light hearted color and fun ~~ This should make up for some of her pain and grief that family and other assorted Thangs have combined to smash her nearly to bits.

I'm just about over the irritation of going to the Dr. yesterday ~ There are so many other people involved in MY health needs, and none of them have any other interest except the almighty dollar. My gut feeling is that some of the really needed tests are not going to be covered by the Ins. company -- little tests like a Bone Density Test -- that has to be ok'd by some call center cubicle sitter....other tests for blood pressure..tests to see whether or not there are blockages in my main arteries on the left and right side of my neck ~~ All to be decided if they are "necessary" by some Cubicle Sitter looking at some laminated sheet of cardstock. I'm getting furious just thinking about it, and in the meantime I can feel my blood pressure starting to rise all over again. Ok -- I'll breathe and calm down now.

The heat out in the studio has been so stiflihg (I don't know how to spell that but you get the idea...) the last week with these terrible HOT temperatures, that I've not had the umph to make any art AT ALL ~~ There is one project that only needs one strand of beads finished on the right side of the piece, and another that is Finally layed out on the canvas board and will need to be set in matte medium in the next day or two. I'm thinking I will bring them all into the dining room and mess up that room for today and tomorrow, just so I can get my Art back into my life. Maybe that's why I'm not feeling good ~~ I've been letting everything rule me for the last month or so, and have completely put my Art out of my life. That can't be good, and now it's time to turn THAT around. My little pieces of cardstock and little fishies are waiting very nicely for me to get them together, so I think that's what I'll spend the day doing. I was going to try and finish my middle son's bedroom today -- buy the wall color and get another extension rod so I can get the ceiling painted with the primer. I'm totally sold on the primer my daughter in law told me to get -- I think she is still my daughter in law...she and my middle son haven't finalized their divorce yet, so I guess she's still the dil...ANYWAY ~~ she turned me on to this one brand of primer, and even tho it's about $8 more than the primer I've used before, the results are fabulous. And Especially since I'm painting over BLACK paint...well, there's a reason I've had to go with 3 coats to cover that stuff...

The Dog is sitting very nicely next to the vent for the air conditioning...she really is so very funny about finding just the right spot on the floor where the air comes thru the vent system. She has this spot that I had no idea about -- the air comes from the vent on the other side of the room, But it passes behind one of the couches, so the couch acts like a funnel for the air, making the air move faster into the room..thus creating a little space where the dog can lay down and be very comfortable and is also where the breeze is quite nice from the ceiling fan. I never figured it out till not that very long ago...I was down on the floor picking up some bits of paper that fell off the side table, and I suddenly could feel this air coming from the vent on the other side of the room...Wow! It felt really good, and then I realized why The Dog had herself planted there 95% of the time...No Dummy She!! I was the Dolt for not realizing it earlier!!

So ~~ It's out to the studio to get my little pieces that have been good and are waiting for me to get them finished. I thik I'm also going to add some brighter pieces of cardstock I picked up last week when I was in the process of making posters for The Dog when she was lost...Man-O-Man are these things bright!! Whoo Hoo!! Should add just the right Zip that I need for some tropical pieces...

Lady of The Tulips ~~ Who just got a call from The Husband who raved on & on about the Tire Pressure Gauge he bought at the store...amazing what a little $3.00 tool can go for somebody...

No comments: