Saturday, August 18, 2007

~~ Well ~~ It's been a couple of dayz, and a LOT of haggling and screaming shouting and altogether Being Ugly to Me by Other People, but I think that for the time being I'm up to snuff on tests tests and other Assorted Things for my Health. Now -- after saying that, I'll probably get a call first thing Monday morning by one of the Yelling Schedulers at my new Dr's office telling me that I've done something wrong...man oh man ... these women are some of the Rudest People I've ever come across. And they work in a DOCTORS OFFICE!! So much for keeping the Blood Pressure Down!!

To date nobody in the Medical Field has a clue as to what's wrong with me...and after a battery of tests on Thursday afternoon, it will be sometime before I get a chance to find out what it is that has suddenly come upon me. I fought thru the traffic and drove all around the new local Heart Hosp. thursday and got into one of the new fancy uber clean offices and filed paperwork and more paperwork and was directed to all sorts of offices, Dr. rooms, super collosial x-ray machines (But I'm not sure if they also have Ship to Shore Radio capibilities...) an' all sorts of other things Useful to Mankind. Wayyy back in the back-most part of my brain, the Arlo Guthrie song was humming around..."An' they had all kindz - a - groovy thingz..." -- Yeah -- it was all so super overwhelming for me. Not to mention all the horrible people who make the decisions as to what is best for me...or...rather who is going to PAY for all these tests and other assorted THANGS...Now ~~ I must admit that I am not one to take a nap ~~ But after over 3 hours of tests and negotiating Traffic around a large construction project in the midst of downtown...Yup -- after I got home, called The Husband an' told him I was home an' safe, I literally layed my head down on the loveseat and Promptly fell asleep for over an Hour....An' within a couple minutes after The Husband got home, he took one look at me on the loveseat an' said, "Why don't you jus' go to bed?" SO ~~ No complaint there!! An' I went in to the bedroom and fell asleep for ANOTHER 2 hours!! DAYUM!!! Worn-Out-An'-Wanting-All-This-To-Be-Over!! Then ~~ I slept the next morning 'till almost 8:45!!

Anyway -- there has been a little in the way of Art getting done!! I'm gluing down some beads and fabric today on a project I'd started in one direction and it has completely gone into some other mode. I mean to say ~~ It's still within that Fishie-Sea-Life theme that I love to pieces, but this collage has somewhat taken on a life of it's own. An' that's fine with me. A little weird as for the Fish...but that's what came outta the gel pens and watercolor paper. So there ya go.

Along with the super tired feeling I've had since my ER visit, I've stayed outta the studio, an' tried to get my work done on the dining room table...it feels really strange to me, but I have gotten some stuff done. An' my wonderful friend has been right next to me all along the way ~~ My little puppy dog..Well -- ok, so she ISN'T so small an' is a LOOOONNNNGGGG was from being a puppy, but you get the idea. She has started this thing of laying RIGHT next to me on the floor in the dining room while I sit at the table an' do my THANG. I can look down an' see her big brown eyes look at me an' I just HAVE to give her a nice little pat on the very tippy top of her head. And rub her super soft fuzzy ears..how can somebody Not do that?? The dining room isn't quite as light-filled as the studio, but it works for now, since we've had the same HEAT that a lot of the country has been melting thru.

The youngest has been outta work for a few dayz because of this horrible heat wave that's been so horrible for a large part of the country ~~ at over 97 Degrees, the 2 farm owners that he works for have been Very careful and made sure there's been no work out in the fields...no risk at having somebody fall over an' have something Very Bad happen. Today it's been somewhat cooler, so there should be some work done...I think some more of the Fall field crops are being planted, or finishing being planted. My youngest & I went to buy some seeds for the same things..our tomatoes developed some type of fungus and hauled off and died...so no pictures of them. With the heat so bad, I've not been able to get outside and do anything, let alone take pics of the garden. Hopefully this evening I can get out there an' get some shots. I think we have some more corn getting ready to bring in, so that'll be fun.

The Husband has been bizzy driving all over the place...and this time of year is so crazy for shipping....Christmas orders have been coming in for the last couple weeks, and he's delivered some girls dresses to a warehouse lately. He said they look very sweet for little teeny girls...Bright greens with lots of glittery fabric. Somebody will be very happy come December!! I think he has another load this next week too..it's all been so much to try and keep track of!! He also had a load of freight that really made me pause...over 75,000 pounds of Turkey Hearts...the math at trying to figure out how many of those little things could fit into a container and come up to that weight was WAY OVER MY HEAD!!! He just said that once he got thru the factory gate and got weighed the total with the tractor and container was over 90,000 pounds. Let's just say that he wasn't exactly tearing up the road on the way back down here...I remember he did say that he got "up" to 45 mph on one stretch of the Interstate....sigh....

Lady of The Tulips ~~ Who has also got a picture that makes me smile...it'll get put on here in a day or so...it has to do with the Heat...Christmas ornaments ...and what happens when Things Aren't Taken Care Of...just wait and see...

No comments: