Tuesday, June 21, 2011

'K...so there isn't a picture today - I was trying to get one on here, but I only have a zip of a minute to post something today, an' noah's gonna come in here an' shoo me off of here..so no time to try & find the picture I have - but can't find to post here!! ~ Ahh, so irritating!

Anyway- the progress on the Busses has ground to a halt - Well, they actually are goin' along just fine, but I don't have the extra $$ for gas to get up to town, an' then add in the cost for shipping the little box out in the mail ~ How stuiped is that? ~ We're so broke I can't even afford $25 right now! ~ Tom went a little off the deep end w/$$, an' now we're at zero in the checking - I know, I know, never air dirty laundry, but shit fire, here I am, workin' on 7 different projects, an' I can't even get $$ together to send out some pieces that are DONE!! ~ I keep trying to be upbeat about my art, but there have been nothing but roadblocks each and every step of the way for me to get things in a gallery - The work I have started doing, well, honestly, some one who I am close to (our son, actually) told me, "THAT WORK IS PAGAN!!! YOUR A PAGAN!!!"....'cause I've done a series of moons, stars an' a couple sun's...So, if he's all off about my work, I have a bad feeling that the local place isn't going to go out of their way to accept it either - They were very reluctant to take some of my beach items the first time I went in, so what's to say they accept some of these new pieces? ~ Its a very very conservative area, an' I'm not quite in their "mainstream" mode of work...

ok, I'm not going to show how really depressed I am right now - I've got some new work, but I can't do a thing with it - so I just will rework some old pieces that I never finished, an' see how I can adapt them to a gallery nearby - maybe they'll take some of my things again...they didn't even talk to me once I paid the membership dues last year - never heard a thing 'till it was time to renew my $$..an' I didn't even know about 4 shows that had happened/ -

Oh shit, noahs comin' in - gotta run away ~

Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Laura Anne said...

Don't get down in the dumps~ i know how you feel~ the town I live now is very conservative as well. But why would someone consider stars and moons pagan? Is it pagan to love beautiful objects in the sky? Cause if it is then I definitely am pagan and never knew it! :P Hang in there~ you gotta have the tough times to realize how great the good ones are. I hope you can make it up to HCBF this year~ you could sell some of your little buses there for sure! :)

LadyTulip said...

Ah Ha ~!~ You read my mind kiddo ~ I'm definetly bringing my Busses, an' a couple of my bags too - I'm tryin' to get thru this glummy/dumpy period right now - Guess I'll blame it on the heat!! ~

L.