Saturday, July 09, 2011


"Gazing" ~ Spring Bay Studio ~ c.2011 ~

Here's a little something that I finished not too long ago ~ It's one of the pieces that I have come to realize are in a set of "Star" or Solar pieces that I'm working on ~ At the time, it didn't seem like I was creating a series, but it seems that I am - or have - or however you'd like to say that ~

I'm disappointed that the picture is so washed out - the blue is actually a lot darker than it appears in this shot - but at least you can get an idea of what I've got going on ~

The next couple are completely different ~ Yet the "same" ~ All having to do with Stars, Moon, Sun ~ I've no idea what came into my head, or why these have suddenly materialized ~ One that I finished the other weekend, left Tom with a most astonished look on his face ~ I was afraid that he'd start telling me something horrid - not like noah yelling at me and telling me that what I was doing was evil -

Fortunately tom was very suprised, but in a good way - he really liked what I painted, and said it had a lot of movement and shape and any number of things going on with it ~ I'd never heard him say something like this about any of my work before, so that made me feel like I'm going into another direction ~ And growth is such a good thing ~So I felt far past relieved ~ Something like a cloud lifted off of me, and I began to feel that perhaps this is what I've been working toward all this time, but didn't or wasn't quite aware of it ~

And now I've got some other paintings that are in the works, and naturally these too will be posted here ~

And with all this ~ Our one son had talked to me about changing my blog - maybe making the blog and some of my art, and some of my weavings, and music into an all inclusive piece online ~ I told him I'd contemplate it ~ It's going to take some time for me to process all of it ~ To decide just how far I want to take this new work and the new outlook of mine ~ Into the next phase of my artistic self ~ It's scary and exciting at the same time - but perhaps it's what is needed to continue to grow as an artist ~

My! ~ The wrens are suddenly just making the most noise out on the front porch!! ~ Maybe they are encouraging me in this new path I seem to heading toward! ~ Wouldn't that be exciting! ~ They are, the wrens that is ~ Once again eyeing my flower that's been out on the front porch for the last couple summers...eyeing it as in they want to build their nest in it again ~ Well, there isn't much I can do about stopping them - even when I over-water the plant and soak their nest, they somehow just sit inside of it - look out at me, and not make a peep ~ I guess maybe the cool water under them must cool them off? ~ who knows - but they are so funny, and so busy ~ I'd like to have them for neighbors again ~

Must go - the dynamic duo is coming back to the cabin in a bit, so I need to get going - they don't like it if my "self" is doing something on the computer...pooh...they just rattle my nerves, that's what they do! ~

I'm Gone ~

Lady of The Tulips

1 comment:

Darla said...

Isn't it amazing when you find yourself in the middle of a "series"? Probably been perking away in the back of your mind for awhile.

Darla