Saturday, July 29, 2006

Dare I say it? **** IT'S HOT !!!! ****

There has been this unbelievable heat wave crashing down over the U.S. -- an' here in the Mid-Atlantic region it's been more sticky and muggy than anyone has a right to endure. I've avoided glancing at the barometer in the sunroom...as well as the temperature gauge, along with anything else related to the HEAT. I know there have been numerous studies done on what the temperature does to an individual..how certain high temps make somebody snap -- murders and the like are reported to increase during heat waves. I'm not one of the researchers preparing these studies -- HOWEVAH ---- I know FOR A FACT ~~ that with the heat outside -- the heat inside of my very special '94 Station wagon -- an' the fact that there are a large number of impared drivers preparing to create a 10 car pile-up on the area interstates at any given point in time.... I FEEL LIKE EITHER SLAPPIN" THESE PEOPLE UPSIDE THE HEAD -- OR HAULING THEIR CARS OFF THE ROAD W/A GIANT CRANE!!!

The Husband has been making freight deliveries out of state these last few months...'bout one a day. So -- naturally he leaves the Homeplace anywhere between 2:30 a.m. - 4:30 a.m. This means that once he's arrived back in the Hampton Roads area, he legally must stop driving because he's "out of Hours" ~~ legally unable to drive anymore because of time spent behind the wheel. That said....he comes back to the Terminal between 2 -- 3 in the afternoon. THAT means lil' ol' ME gets to get into the thick of all the commuters leaving any one of the military bases in the area...tired...hot an' probably thirstin' for a cold 40 oz. of beer. To date I've seen very little patience w/said individuals leaving said military baes..by & large they have NO patience w/ a 1994 Sable station wagon...doing...for HEAVENS SAKES ~~ THE SPEED LIMIT!!!! It is -- I suppose -- something of a DISASTER for them, leaving them no other recourse, but to VERY RAPIDLY come up behind my vehicle at a very high rate of speed, VERY quickly make a FAST left hand lane change, an' jus' come to within 2 1/2 " of the back of my vert fine automobile. An' all I'm tryin' to do is get to the terminal an' pick up The Husband....

With the HEAT -- the very very aggresive drivers and short tempers...I suddenly realized yesterday must have been indeed a VERY SPECIAL DAY!!! National Jack-Ass Day!! -- Because it jus' by glancing at how HORRIBLE 98% of the drivers were operating their vehicles, they all must have been participating in NATIONAL JACK-ASS DAY!!! Every one of them certainly must have been eagerly awaiting their trophy for being the No. 1 Jack-Ass on the road!! My oh My -- I'm sure who ever was handing out the trophy for the WORST driver of the day...WHAALLLL ..... they most certainly had their hands full with so MANY $^"^%#}{}@! drivers out on the roadways!!

ME? -- I jus' keep cruisin' along in the ol' wagon...with the left arm doin' the old fashion roof-holder thing of the '50 's & 60's -- jus' watchin' these people race along down the road...me, with the windows down, in an attempt to be "cooler " with air blowin' in on my sweat on sweat...an' jus' prayin' I'll get to where I need to be without gettin' KILLED by some MANIAC!!!

I've come to the conclusion that it must be so sad for these speeders...I mean after all, here I am, Slowing down their speeding!!! How DARE I!!!???

So ~~ for all of you who have the privilage of driving 15 miles an hour over the speed limit..let me be the first to offer an apology, for slowing down yer speeding around the interstates and highways & byways of the Hampton Roads area...I also will be the first to say, that I'm more than glad to watch you getting the $500 ticket for speeding, from any one of the area State Troopers patroling any number of roads -- My hats off to you ~~ oh speeders of the roadways ~~ Your kindness toward the State Troopers in handing over vast amounts of YOUR money must feel absolutely WONDERFUL!!!

Thats my rant on $^"&%}@%}& drivers -- I was goin' to tell about my Art an' some books I've been reading, relating to Art...but jus' remembering the DRIVERS....hmmm.....no, these individuals are not drivers...AH HA!!! --- They are Accidents Waiting To Happen!! HA!! That's what it is !! Ok-- I must go sit down w/some cold water & calm down...I will ~~ at a later date, discuss some statements I've been reading concerning Art -- very interesting --

I'm gonna also see if there are some antacids in the pantry...those drivers ~~ jus' rememberin' how bad they are, gave me indigestion.....

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: