Saturday, March 17, 2007

~~ Some good news on the home front ~~ An' it couldn't be any better than happening on St. Patricks Day!!

Recently I'd mentioned on here that The Husband had taken his DOT physical so he can remain a certified Truck Driver...the only problem with the test was that his blood presure was about to literally drop him dead on the street...he was given 3 months to have it straightened out by the Clinic where the physical was given. He'd also gone to out regular Dr. to get on some kind of medication to help...the tests for those came back good, so the Dr. said that the main thing was for him to do what every Doc sez...Loose Weight...Eat Healthy...Cut Sugar..blah, blah, blah...

Well ~~ we immediately got into WOAH mode, an went to a Herbal Shop to find something that one of the Longshoreman told The Husband to get that would lower his blood pressure, was organic, and cost only $20 for a bottle that would last over 2 months. We were all over it in a (no pun intended..) heartbeat. Found what's called Blood Pressure Drops -- their made up from Cayenne Pepper and some other herbs -- taste like the very devil, but by gosh and golly, those things have dropped his blood pressure enuf that he was certified to have his CDL for the next 2 years!!! Zippa-Dee-Doo-Dah!!! My oh My, what a WONDERFUL DAY!!!

The Husband has also been taking a combination of Hawthorne Caplets plus some other drops, the name of which escapes me at the moment ~~ But the main thing is that they work, were less than $50 and the cost savings was so much less than if we went the conventional route, with pharmacys, Dr. bills, etc., etc -- I'd known about some of these herbs for awhile, but it never really meant anything 'till we went to the Herb Shop an' the woman was wonderful with us -- pointed out what all would combine to work with another herb...that type of thing. Now the hardest part will be the losing of weight...he does work outside a LOT -- but the sitting inbetween changing out containers is whats the bad thing. He has started back in eating veges, which he'd gotten away from...Got into this THANG with eating hamburgers from the local drive-thru...I'd been tellin' him it'd come back an' bite him HARD...well, I didn't have to say TOLD YA SO...jus' the scary part of possibly losing his job was enuf to lay back on the junk food.

The attending clinic Dr. said that the herbal treatment is a good idea, an' since we've got zero insurance, I do not EVEN want to think of the cost of prescription meds...The Dr. said for The Husband to stay with what he's takin', since it seems to be working. To say we're relieved is putting it mildly...But how GREAT is it that the good news came on St. Patricks Day!! I can see my grandfather dancin' a jig now!!! -- Way up in the clouds!! --

Lady of The Tulips - who's still wonderin' where her green food coloring has gone...I just recently found one of my very best ever beer mugs, an' it'd be a CRIME not to have green beer today...now -- where is the box of food coloring??? sigh....

4 comments:

PennyBlue said...

OH Green Beer? Count me in! My mama was born in Ireland so I am into the green today! And that herbal stuff, some of it really is good and can work wonders! Happy St. Pat's Day LT! Oh and for those brick walls...you can't beat that poster putty! (As long as the item is not too heavy!)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can talk! And ya know we Irish like to do that. I meant to get back to you and say that I am the last person to ask about computer code settings. I'd rather go skydiving.

Anonymous said...

PS I checked out Bluejude's collage too. They are wonderful. (But I can't comment their either).

Krystin Clark said...

So glad to hear that things are lookin' up for you and hubby! And love the 'missed destination' piece.

Creative Wishes!