Tuesday, March 20, 2007

*** Well I am very sad to say, that with all my best intentions, I never did find any of my food coloring for St. Patty's Day...I didn't exactly sit down an' cry, but I realized that I'd just have to have my beer "regular" instead of Green...an' lets face it, it's better than nothin'...

I've been painting a frame that just made it's way into my lil' studio the other day...I was absolutely a wreck tryin' to decide whether or not to go ahead an' paint it. I mean, the voice of "You're gonna screw it UP!!" was workin' overtime in the back of my head -- I MEAN -- it was jus' about to make me ill. So, I finally took the plastic wrap off the frame, an went to work. It's gonna get posted on here probably tomorrow, 'cause right now it's dryin' out in the studio. I slapped gesso on it, then painted a spiffy pale blue with lil' lines that resemble waves. Had so much fun with it, I was almost sad that I got it finished!! But, Not To Fear!! -- I picked up a couple other ones, so that'll keep me busy for the rest of the week. Once they finished dryin' then some of my pieces will finally have some nice new homes. I don' want them to feel like they've been left out in the cold...

An' speakin' of cold -- I think I'd mentioned that we dropped a bundle not too terribly long ago on our furnace. The entire idea behind the work, was to get the blasted thing to run the way it was designed to run -- an' it was anything BUT running the way it was suppossed to...we had these horrendous gas & elec. bills during the winter...more than I care to say...well...I will...over $150 for a month of heating!! SO -- with the maintenance guy tellin' me that with the most recent visit, "Your furnace will be runnin' like it's suppossed to!" -- I was naturally skeptical. Well Yahoo an' La-Dee-Dah!!! -- we jus' got the recent elec. bill, and it DROPPED $50!! It's still high, but it's gettin' back to where it should be. -- Now just as long as the winter makes up it's mind to pack 'er up an LEAVE, we'll be doin' allright. Now watch, now that I've said that it'll be 32 degrees tomorrow...sigh..

Have to make this short..well, sortta short -- got to go check the paint an' see what The Dog is up to -- she got herself all worked up last night 'cause The Youngest sprayed her all over with flea spray...you'd a thot she'd been given some sort of shot for nahsty attutide...she was MIFFED!! -- I mean, she ran herself all over the kitchen, the studio, the front room, dining room, into my youngest son's bedroom, all worked up an' acting like it was the end of the world...then she finally layed down in the front room, with her back to everybody else, an POUTED for over an hour -- wouldn't look at ANYBODY no matter how hard we tried to make her turn around an' look at us -- talk about a rotten spoiled brat...great day....it's was actually really funny, but we tried VERY hard not to laugh out loud. She kept starin' at us like we were absolute Scum - of - the - earth. Am I glad dogs can't talk...sheesh....

Lady of The Tulips -- who is now considerin' whether or not to get some paint to cover up a mess the middle one made on his walls...he painted all of his bedroom walls black....my nerves...

3 comments:

PennyBlue said...

OH MY! BLACK???? Maybe you shoulda sprayed him instead of the dog! lol Good luck with that one.

Anonymous said...

I once wallpapered my room in purple tissue paper. What the heck? I was a teenager.

The tulips will soon be up!

LadyTulip said...

** And to top it off ** He also got black paint on the carpet..an' not jus' litle blobs..we're talkin' some major splash type blobs of paint. He said he'd clean it up...Colleen I like the idea of tissue paper, but the color wouldda made me cringe...
bluejude -- don' get me started on what I wanted to spray after seein' the room...anybody got Tums??