Saturday, March 24, 2007


"Untitled" Spring Bay Studio -- 2005

I'd been thinking of this piece the last couple days...there's been a whole lot of stuff happening 'roun' here, some of it good (Art Stuff) but a lot of it has been dragging me thru the mill, Hell, an' lots of other places. So -- this lil' face seemed to be in my mind, something of a peaceful spot amidst all the turmoil. Family stuff, an' lots of DRAMA with capitals not even beginning to touch the depth of happenings. Le's jus' say that it's a good thing I gave up on Gin way back in the day...I shudder to think of what I'd do with it now.

The Art stuff is jus' a shade from being completed...I'm excited about it..an' naturally want to grab all of the things that are nearly done, but know that the minute I touch any of it, it'll get ruined. All of them are drying with the last coat of varnish, so it's naturally making me want to touch an' see --- "AREN'T YOU DRY YET??!!" -- The Dog jus' pokes her head up from whereever she happens to be laying at the moment, an' gives me this "Whaa??" kinda look. There are dayz that I am one happy lil' person that she can't talk. Expecially when The Husband has hauled off an' spouted off something stuiped...OOPS !! Did I say that? Well, he usually is the first to admit that he said something off the wall..but STILL -- Hmm...where was I? OH!! -- The Dog will jus' look at me if I'm trying to have a conversation with one of my pieces on the table, but she must be used to my muttering, because she doesn't seem to mind.

I've gotten the bug to go off an explore some of the neighborhood yard sales...with a lot of the seniors moving out of their homes (some have been the original owners from the early '50's) an' selling off all that STUFF in the attic, I'm REALLY tempted to go an' grab what ever my lil' hands can stuff in a bag. But, since I also have these things called Utilities, they probably need to be taken care of first...then find the yard sale stuff later. It's sorta sad to see some of the neighbors go -- the other thing that REALLY sucks, is some family members have gone the "quick" route of selling the homes to Contractors, who in 3 days, come back to the house after the sale, start ripping the place apart, remodel the entire thing to appeal to high-end buyers, an' sell for outrageous prices. The house across the street had that happen, an' even tho the young family is quite nice, the Contractor was one of the most arrogant, boastful $"^%_{#&_^+&| I've met in some time...he had this grand idea of selling the place at over $45,000 more than the value of the place....his lil' bubble was quite burst when it sold for less than $200,000. Greed always comes back an' bites when you least expect it...

So -- I'm sad to see some of the folks leave. But that's one of those things. One of my neighbors is 86 an' still drives everywhere..is super busy with lots of public service things. She nearly wears me out. An' she walks up an' down the street nearly every day. Puts some of us (ok, ok -- I don't do walking, but at least I do exercise for 1/2 Hr/ to 45 min. every day) to shame. I know she's thinking about sellin' her place an' movin' back to Georgia..we'd discussed it a little over a year ago. She may stay...

So -- the quandry is to not go overboard on the sales...not fill up what space I have out in the studio with lots more stuff...But at the same time have treasures that'll go really well with my work. It's drivin' me nearly over the edge, I'm tellin' ya!! What to do, what to do...

Lady of The Tulips -- who is nearly standing over her tulip beds tapping her foot waiting, now, IMPATIENTLY for the tulips to start popping up out of the ground. The daffodils are goin' overtime with their blooming, but the Tulips are either waiting for a bus ticket to Omaha or something else hat I probably do NOT want to know...

2 comments:

PennyBlue said...

YAY YARD SALES!! I've been trying to saty away from them as I just end up accumulating too much stuff!
Be patient with your tulips now, LT!

LadyTulip said...

~~~ Oh My !! ~~~

I am very proud to say that I DID NOT go out in the neighborhood and spend every bit of loose change in the bottom of my purse...Actually I never spent ANY money at the yard sales...

I am now going thru withdrawl from passing by each and every one of them...sigh..