Saturday, April 07, 2007

You may be thinking that The Dog is listening for the Easter Bunny to come thru one of the windows to the Studio/Sunroom, but in actuality (glad I wasn't an English major in college with that spelling...) she was listening to the wind that has suddenly picked up outside. She has this thing about the wind..and even worse, if there happens to be a storm brewing. When wind is combined with rain, and Especially THUNDER -- this animal turns into an absolute WRECK. I've always written it off to the fact, that she was a Rescue Shelter animal; she'd been horribly abused at the "home" she was taken from...so anything that sounds extremely loud sends her into fits. If a dog could cry, I've always felt that she would have an hysterical crying jag every time there's a thunderstorm. She will go to any length to crawl into a closet and hide; barring that she'll crawl under my son's computer desk and squish herself under the computer slide-out shelf. Actually, that's where she is right now...she quit shaking, but I can feel her warm body right next to my right foot.

I know some people have wanted me to get a picture of her on my Blog -- so here she is. She is a very sweet dog...spoiled rotten and has The Husband totally wrapped around her little (or not so) paw. She has HIM trained, so that the minute he walks in either the front or back door, she immediately jumps to the edge of the kitchen floor, gives him this absolutely PITY - PITY POOR ME look and naturally he falls all over himself, and promptly gives her a dog biscuit. She then gladly waltzes away with said biscuit in her mouth, eats the thing in less that 2 minutes, lays down on the floor and looks at The Husband as if to say, "You're such a wimp over me.." And, yes, he admits that he is a wimp as far as she's concerned. She is really a trip. What's really funny is to see her romp around in the back yard..she'll run around the pool and get herself around the edge of the backyard fence REALLY fast...how she does it really confuses me. I mean, she isn't the smallest animal I've seen, yet she's able to zip around out there like she's in training for some sort of Animal Olympics. I have actually seen her run to come in the house when I call her. But that's only when she's been outside for most of the day, and she really wants to come in the house. Amazing I tell ya.

Lady of The Tulips ~~ who is now so comfortable with The Dog keeping my feet warm that I don't wanna move...but have to go out in the Studio to get some paper's cut for a collage I'm starting on. ** OH!! ** And I do want to wish all of you out there a Very Happy Easter!! Maybe what The Dog heard really WAS the Easter Bunny...how would I know if it was or not?

3 comments:

PennyBlue said...

OH I have a doggy like that! He runs crazy in the yard! geez, you'd think he lose some weight...but he's still a big fat dawg! lol

LadyTulip said...

~~ Ours will run around the yard...maybe sometimes bounding into the house...and then immediately lay down on the floor near a heating vent, and fall asleep. Sheesh...

lauri

Anonymous said...

My dog is mostly chow and is utterly neurotic when it comes to thunder and lightening, and now, yes, even wind. I think she's associating wind with thunder storms. If she's out and we're not home and a storm comes, she chews the door and has already wrecked two.

I like the way you can see your dog's ears are perked up!