Saturday, June 30, 2007

~~~ Just a quick note to say that there are some projects sitting on my little work table out in the studio. ~~ They haven't got a real home yet. but they do have their very own file folder so they have a nice place to stay till their home gets built. Or, being applied to a canvas board, whichever pops into my head.

The reason the projects are still in the Workin' On It mode, is because the studio doesn't have air conditioning, and with the summer gettin' going, the weather has made it just a touch too uncomfortable to stay out there for too long. Thursday I checked the thermometer and it was 90 Degrees (This before Noon) and the humidity was over 80% -- Not the best working conditions for concentrating on Art. So, I brought in as many things as I could fit on the dining room table, and made some small collage pieces. These are now joining the others from last week, and once it all gets organized to where it makes some kind of visiual sense, then they'll get onto a canvas board. I've got a good idea of what I want to do, but right now it just isn't jelling for me. It's the Heat. Yeah, that's what it is. Sounds like a good excuse for now...

The garden got a good soaking the other afternoon. Somewhere between 1 1/2 " fell in a couple hours so the Corn really took off. I'm gettin' the camera ready to take some shots of the vege bed. The 2 extra plantings of green beans have finally sprouted, so we should be in good shape for those. And for some reason, the spray that I got from the hardware store has withstood the big storm we had at 3 a.m. yesterday morning. None of the little aphids or whatever they were, are still around the plants. Maybe they drowned. Really got no clue...just as long as they're gone who cares where they went?

Lady of The Tulips -- who discovered why The Dog likes laying under her favorite bush in the backyard..it's nice and damp mud, and never gets any sun on it AT ALL...when she stood up and I petted her side, it was as cool as can be. No wonder she looked at me like I was the dolt in the yard...

1 comment:

PennyBlue said...

It's a sad thing when the dog thinks he's smarter than you! lol
Hope you had a great 4th and Happy Friday LT!