Wednesday, July 11, 2007


Jus' a rough piece sitting on the work table in it's little folder -- I got color happy the other day with some new pens I discovered when I should have been buying Needed Supplies for the house. But then -- there are other things that NEED to be Bought and my Inner Critic screamed at me the entire time I looked over the color markers, colored pencils...baby size crayons...an' don't EVEN ask how hard it was to walk away from some color papers that werent really that good of quality but had some pretty snazzy zip to 'em. Talk about having a Difficult Moment on isle 5...
It's been Way too hot to do too much in the studio, but I decided that maybe the dining room table wasn't so bad after all to use for Creating Things. The other day I had the Mets baseball game on at the same time I was making other little fishies. The Husband had the chance to be home early...he had to make a run out of town, so was back home by 1 p.m. -- course he'd had to leave that morning before 2 a.m., so he was snoring on the couch in the living room by the 2nd inning of the game. I just kept coloring and playing with my pens, scissors and papers....the funny thing was that when I got these pieces set out in the studio, the temperature had climbed so bad, that when I opened the french doors, I was literally hit with a wave of hot air...an' it wasn't TheHusband making noise from the front room, mind you...
So now, it's off to get some other papers cut with the spiffy paper cutter I bought last year from one of the chain office supply places...I won't say their name, but when I used to ride with The Husband across country, we did some pick up and deliveries to one of the big chain stores (office supply) and once when we got to a distribution center with a Buttload of stuff...I had this stuiped moment to decide and see what the temperature was outside...Duh...middle of winter and I wanna see how "warm" it was in Feb. ~~ it seems like it was a whopping 15 degrees or so...I've never got back into a vehicle SO fast as I did that morning...ok..so it WAS 4 a.m. , but Still -- you'd think it would sink in my head that it'd be COLD....
An' since the temp in the studio was a "cool" 82 degrees at 10 a.m. this morning, I'd give my eyeteeth for some cooler temperatures right about now...Uhh ~~ maybe not the 15 degree range, but something a little less that the 95 degrees we've been having...
Lady of The Tulips -- who has this sinking feeling The Dog is up to something, as it seems kinda quiet in the back yard...usually I can hear her snuffling around by the window...hummm....

No comments: