Monday, February 11, 2008

As a lady I knew used to mutter..."Well..well...WELL!!!" -- her point was that something had been amiss, and in the same manner, I've been rather amiss lately, now, haven't I??

Let me say one thing first...there are wayz to paint a bathroom ceiling, and there are other ways that seem like a good idea at the time..however!! For anyone out there thinking that it doesn't really matter how damp a roller cover may or may not be before applying fresh paint..let me TELL YOU!! -- Do Not leave a significant amount on said roller cover, because once the paint is rolled on, both paint and water have a veryyyy clever way of dripping all over YOU and making you the same color. I only say this warning 'cause it may or may not have happened to somebody we all know and that particular person is just not talking about it anymore...so shut up and don't ask any more questions about THAT...

I've been working on our house for the last FOREVER and now have literally sat down today for the 1st time since the last post. I've repainted everyroom in the house, (not the dining room cause it & living room were done jus' a couple years ago an' the real estate guy sayz "fine") -- taken down wallpaper in the kitchen and master bathroom...put more coats of paint in the front bathroom, made and hung up new curtains in one bathroom and 3 bedrooms..The Husband set up new lights in kitchen and master bathroom..the youngest took down (with lotz of NOISE) old shower doors from both bathrooms...I fixed and patched spots all over the house...an after 15 showing haven't gotten an offer yet. I wont go into how agrivated I am w/our realtor, but will suffice to say he's almost written us off after only having the house listed for one month...

I've not been up on what's going on in the art world..just been making far too many trips to the home improvement stores -- I think the paint dept. people in Home Depot now know me by sight...Lowes too. -- I've gotten to where I climb up a ladder an then think about if it's really a good idea for me to be up there...We've also taken down our old above ground pool...Said realtor will not have it in his sale...hump...so the Youngest and The Husband have been hauling the left over sand and rocks from the base to the dunp every weekend...the weekly trash pick up won;t carry sand and gravel...The youngest also used a sledge hammer to break up the concrete that held the support beams for the deck that went to the pool...those too had to be taken off to the dump...we couldn't find a company to haul "that small amount" cause they only wanted 1 ton or more to haul...no, my last good nerve left me a LONG time ago..don't even ask what I almost said about that last phone call to yet another "Help Person" for construction help...

I've got some sketches done in the last day...naturally while waiting for paint to dry..I can't do anymore in the house till the realtor comes by and then tellz me what more we need to do. I've discovered muscles I never knew I had...maybe it's a good thing, but I'm not too sure. I've also lost some weight...lost 3 sizes to be exact...from a 14/16 to a 10/12..my oldest got me a pair of jeans at Christmas and now they fitbaggy....man o man...

Well..The Dog is doing something in the sunroom so I Need to go check on her...

I Will Not Be Gone from Here for this LLLLOOONNNGGGG amount of time EVAH again..or until the realtor tells me what ELSE FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!! i need to do...

Lady of The Tulips -- who had her middle son over today an' we jus' had the BEST time...he even fixed me up with the puter an' got all kindz of junk cleaned outta this old contraption...wow!!

1 comment:

PennyBlue said...

Thank God you're back! I missed you! (:
Your house is soundin spiffy. Happy Tuesday to you LT!