Tuesday, February 12, 2008

WIP ~~ This is something I worked out the other afternoon when I got a chance to sit in the studio, after driving over to my oldest's apt. an' picking up his vacuum cleaner. The afternoon was sunny an' it just gave me a good feeling to put something on paper.

The weather here is cold an' the clouds are lurking over the area. I took out some laundry and pinned it up on the clothes line. My fear is that the clouds will decide to haul off and rain all over the just - washed laundry. That's not going to sit well with The Husband as he would have to come home from work, gather up the wet laundry and drive over to the laundromat to get it all dried. And after a full day of driving all over creation (or at least around the Tidewater area...) the last thing he likes to do is drive somewhere ELSE, when all he wants to do is lay down on the couch and watch old cartoons. Today he may just have to bite the bullet and go to the landromat anyway..

We had such strong winds on Sundays, that while I was playin' with the little fishie up on the top of the page..the 40 plus mph winds got something goin' just across the street...a big fire!! Somebody had been over in the community park, and with a thick layer of dried leaves, downed branches and no rain on the ground, it took just a zip of wind and a dropped cigarette and by the time I realized the sirens were coming down the street in the direction of our house, I got up and looked out the window. I was not EVEN prepared to see thick black smoke billowing from the park and getting worse by the minute. I got into the house and looked out the kitchen door, and could see s0me pretty good sized flames getting bigger and bigger. Fortunately the fire dept. had gotten their hoses out and were getting the flames knocked down. Some of the neighborhood kids came running down the street to see what all the noise and smoke was about. I just decided to go back into the studio and play with my pens and pray that the wind didn't shift direction and come toward our house. Fortuntely the fire dept. did a bang up job and got the fire knocked down, but it took them nearly 2 hours to get all the hot spots soaked down before they could leave the scene and get back to the fire house. Shwooo... I'm tellin' ya, it was pretty nerve racking. A second fire truck parked in front of our house, and while it rattled and rumbled with it's diesel engine roarin' away, The Husband was tryin' to get some sleep before he had to get up at midnite to make a freight delievery over to Roanoke...needless to say his sleep was somewhat interupted!!

Finally this morning we had a showing on the house!! A woman was taking a walk past our home last week, and noticed the For Sale sign out front, and talked to our youngest while he was setting out the weeks' trash for pickup the next morning. They talked about the price, and she said she wanted her parents to move a little closer to her so she could keep an eye on them..so they got ahold of a realtor and this morning the father in law came to look the place over. He was pretty happy at the work we've gotten done...now if he just makes an Offer!!!

I'm off to work on some tile in the master bathroom. It literally fell off the wall and suprised me to no end..only 5 sq.'s so it's not like a Huge project, but it's a pain in the #%"$#}&^ to figure out how to make it STAY PUT and look good. New project for me, so this should be interesting...

Lady of The Tulips -- smelling her bread baking out in the kitchen..an' realizes that the lousy bowl of Zippy Squares or whatever it was that got eaten this morning has worn WAY off an' now my stomach is starting to growl...

No comments: