Sunday, October 31, 2010


"Blended Amber Handwoven Clutch Handbag" - Spring Grove Handweaving -

Here's one of the fall handbag's that I got done just the other week..I kept meaning to post this but so many things have popped up around here that it didn't get done till now ~ !! ~ I really like the amber, cream and flecks of brown/black on the yarn that makes up the body of this handbag - it reminds me of some of the clothes that were worn up in the little mountain town tom & I lived in way back in the day - Everybody had at least one sweater with this kind of yarn!! So I was glad to find some of it on sale an' Tom grabbed it before I did!! He had a couple sweaters with this style yarn wayy back in the day!! It looked really good on him too..

Anyway, back from the 70's...Tee Hee...I have some new projects lined up - I've been trying to get the warp done on my loom this morning, but tom's been messin' with the stereo & hooking up the cd player...he's one of those type people that has the sound WAY UP LOUUUDDD !!!! so everytime a bit of wire makes a connection ITSUDDENLY GETS WAY LOUD!!! BAM!! HEY!!....so my nerves are definetly shot already today!! I NEED to get weaving, but there is no way till all that $^&()"& gets done out in the front room - YES!! - that's how loud it is - clear back here in the back of the house - that's how SCREAMING LOUD he's got the sound up...

But It's time to make christmas items, so that's the goal for this afternoon - I'm hoping that I can get up at least 6 ornaments & get them into my shop by tuesday at the latest - so many interuptions (sp) lately, an' I've got a ton of ph. calls to make tomorrow an' tuesday too...so wish me luck ~ !! ~ GoodVibes ~ !! ~ whatever you can!!

I've got to take some aspirin...that $^"&"( &*)+ stereo is driving my head into the upper reaches of the sky right about now!!!!

I'm Gone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Lady of The Tulips

4 comments:

Janet said...

Must be a guy thing! My husband does the same thing when he messes around with our sound system. He cranks it up to where the people in the next block can probably hear it.

Your handwoven bag is beautiful! I know the yarn/sweaters you're talking about. I think everyone had one back then.

LadyTulip said...

Janet, it really Must be a guy thing - I have never known a woman to tweak with wiring and speakers so LOUD that it makes your teeth rattle!! - So glad you like my clutch handbag -

An' I think your right about everyone having one of those sweaters!!

Lauri

turquoise cro said...

bUSY,bUSY,busy!!!! YOU GO GIRLY!!!You can really WEAVE, can't YOU!!!I'd have yarn all in tangles if I tried that I'm afraid! It's getting BRRRRRRR here now,is it there??!!!

LadyTulip said...

Cinda I got a little fire going in the woodstove this morning ~ ! ~ So tonight I have-have to get wood in before it gets dark - no Brrr for me ~ !! ~

Glad you like my little treasures ~ !! ~

Lauri