Monday, December 18, 2006

~~ As is the case with my modern hip lifestyle..(waiting for the bolt of lightening to strike the house...) I've been spending the last40 minutes attempting to download (oh $}&$# -- is it Upload??) one of my pictures again...I felt so Cool & Groovy the other day when I jus' hit the buttons and ZINGY-WHIPPY!! ~~ there were one of my collages all nice and spiffy...Now I can't figure out the problem, an' naturally the Computer Kid is at his first day on a new job...so he's not here to assist the Computer Challenged Old Bag....

But in other news...the attempt has given me a chance to think on a little intereting thing that happened to me over the weekend....

Went to a chain fabric store, in time to pick up some patterns for shirts an' get an idea of what to use for some other projects. Went up to the check-out line, an' while waiting for another customer, I'd taken out my checkbook, filled in the line for the name of the store...an' suddenly heard the woman next to me say, "You aren't REALLY going to write a CHECK??!!, are You?" I turned around an' proceeded to listen to her say how she just cannot believe her mother actually uses a CHECKBOOK >>> an' how Old Fashioned it is to use one, now that there are DEBIT CARDS!! out there. And how this woman could not believe how ANYONE in this day and age would ACTUALLY take the TIME (all her "italics...") to write out something ANYMORE!!

~~ Naturally with this woman speaking VERY loudly, people had to turn around to see who the DOLT was standing in line with something just this side of the original wheel that was invented...I, however, tho not too pleased with being made this stide of a laughing stock, turned nice an' slowly, an' proceded to tell this to those all staring at me....

The reason I don't use a Debit/Credit card, besides the fact I haven't used credit cards for over 10 years..(Why make a Fat-Cat Banker any more money?? ) is because I quit, and hate them. The second reason, is 'cause the bank The Husband opened out account at, is on the Navy Base where he had been employed...since he's no longer employed with the Tech Firm on Base, I have no way to get onto said Base, to do anything with the Bank Account...OR -- I could make a big scene, try to get on Base with out a Pass, and quickly be taken away to where ever people go tht attempt those kind of things..an' then request that my kids come visit me while I'm in the Federal Penn!!

At least that got some chuckles, and quite a few nodding of heads...So ~~ I proceeded to Tell this Very Modern Hip Woman, that not only do I not have said Debit Card, I didn't drive on one of the most aggressive, dangerous interstates in the area for over a year, after the ONE time I did shortly after moving here...it literally scared me so terribly, that it really and truly did take me a year to recuperate from the ordeal...I chose now to AVOID that particular interstate, and any of the other ones, not just because my vehicle is over 10 years old (More OH MY looks...) but because it's just not my time to get myself killed while driving from one place to another...I also proceeded to say that after moving from a town of just over 300, there are a lot of things that are far too "Fancy and Modern" for this ol' country girl to try this late in my life, an' I seem to be getting along quite nicely, thank you very much, without any of the Extra #}^* in my life. End of Story.

This seemed to satisfy said Very Modern and Hip Woman, an' this left me with enuf time to MILK IT while I SLOWLY filled out my check for the amount to purchase the patterns I needed to get. I walked out not the least more Modern & Hip...but at lease I made some people realize that it's not all that IMPORTANT to try an' keep up with the Joneses..or whoever it is nowadays...

So ~~ To make a long story just what it is...All this trying an' nashing of teeth...throwing ashes on my self and altogether feeling like a Toad...I'm going to try again in the morning an' see if a picture will wonderfully APPEAR this time on my Blog...

Lady of The Tulips - who has questioned Very Many People about what would happen if said Lady was to get a horse and buggy an' get around The City with that mode of transportation....to date I haven't gotten a Positive Thumbs Up....still waiting...like waiting for her pictures to down/up load on this blog.....sigh....

1 comment:

LadyTulip said...

~~ Don't EVEN get me started on I-95...after riding on that with The Husband in the tractor trailer, I'm literally amazed we're BOTH alive...

And Interstates are suppossed to be of benefit to mankind...sheesh...

lauri