Tuesday, December 05, 2006

~~ Have some time to write some random things...basically I'm waiting for some matte medium to dry on one of my collages, so I'm leary of disturbing the piece until everything's dry. I could try and get The Dog off "her" couch, but that may take much more than I have the energy for. Besides, it's jus' a tad chilly in the Studio, so I'm going to stay in the house for a little longer before I get the heat going in the Art Space --

The Husband is doing some work like mad these past few weeks...has been hauling lots of stuff to distribution centers..A lot has been last minute christmas stuff but now the calendar for retail is on Spring....which is hard to imagine when the radio is filled with "Deck The Halls" and other fun songs...My middle son & I were looking at some fabrics last week, and The Husband called on the cell phone to say he needed to get picked up at the terminal earlier than usual....had to make a run over to North Carolina to get some jackets to a distribution center -- and Honest -- he sez, "I've got Christmas Jackets Ma!" -- Fortunately I was close enuf to a bolt of fabric so that it sorta/kinda caught my arm when I suddenly stopped in the isle... "Whaa? You got what?!" "Christmas Jackets!!! Something like 7,300 of em!!" But I gotta get home early 'cause I gotta be at the place by 7 a.m. -- so THAT means you gotta come get me so I get home an' get to sleep asap!!"

~~ Now - what actually was in the Box were Spring Jackets - the paper for the Bill of Lading did have "Green" printed somewhere in the description of freight, so naturally The Husband thot they were for Christmas....oops...Actually for a couple department store chains for Spring...he had the chance to take a sneak peek in the warehouse while the boxes were moved to seperate areas..."They're the prettiest color of green...if you can wear that kinda thing. Mens...." Maybe some sorta thing like Rodney Dangerfield playing golf..that's all I could think of . Anyway, my middle one & I did get The Husband that afternoon after meandering in the fabric store... an' the poor Husband went right to sleep the minute he hit the bed. He's had something like 2 days off in the last 3 weeks, so he was REALLY glad to do nothing this past weekend...

An' speaking of the Holidays -- the idea in my lil' head has been to get things made for the family..but so far that's been viewed with a look of disgust, and a grunt to boot..Since I've always made odds an' ends for Christmas, this leaves me somewhat puzzled on what to do -- Do I jus' race to the closest store -- grab things off the shelves, get 'em home an shout "MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Here's yur STUFF!!" -- hmmm...that probably isn't quite in the Christmas Spirit, is it? -- I'm feeling like there should be some sort of middle ground -- Between going into the whole Mass Merchandise buying frenzy we saw over the weekend (trying to get past the Super +++ ~~ Mart and not getting slammed into by crazed shoppers..) or jus' getting some little things and making small ornaments like I've done in the past -- OR - make some kind of "Necessary Item " they each need...say like socks...uhhh...problem there. I've got no clue how to knit...hmm...Ah HA! -- sewing up some pairs of Boxers that say "Have a Nice Day!" -- hmmm -- seems like I'm gettin' nowhere fast...

So ~~ I'm back to waiting for my collage to finish drying ~~ hoping the sun comin' in thru the windows in the Studio will make it warm enough so that I don't have to turn the heater on (ok - so I'm a cheapskate...). Maybe I'll go in the room an' The Dog will have moved to another position on the couch...it could happen!

Lady of The Tulips - who's wondering why so much stuff is out on store shelves with odd color combinations that seem rather brash, for Christmas...will the color combination make people really buy 'em? Perhaps we'll see these same things on the Discount Isle come January 10th...you know...the "Discounts to 75% OFF!!" sorta isle...sigh...

1 comment:

LadyTulip said...

~~ Thanx for readin' my "stuff" -- an' how cool is it that your family does the Most Fun stuff EVAH with collage - ing!! It is almost better than havin' a chocolate candy-bar...well, maybe not THAT extreme...I'm definetly gonna check out your notes on collage, tho -- Will definetly be in contact!!

Lady of The Tulips