Tuesday, July 17, 2007


Gift Box -- 2007 -- Spring Bay Studio
I made this little box for a friend of mine not too long ago ~~ She'd had some weird things happen to her house while it was getting remodeled, so I thot this little "girl " would cheer her up. I'm considering remodeling our place, but after some of the horror stories my friend told me, about things some of the workers did to her place...wellll..maybe I'll take another look at how to get things fixed here.
The heat has made me feel literally weak in the knees. I got The Very Fine Automobile today. Actually I was suppossed to have The Husband's car, but when he & the youngest got out the door to go to work, they both realized The Very Fine Automobile was out of gas, so they took the saturn, and didn't let me know anything about my car. I wasn't exactly pleased when I got in the car and saw that the fuel indicator was in the box reading EMPTY and the cute little light on the dashboard was saying LOW!! LOW!! This and the fact that there is no air conditioning in the vehicle, and the fan doesn't always work with the vent system on...Minor Problems in Life, but it makes it difficult to drive when I'm melting too much, and it makes my glasses steam up so I can't see clearly. Very Exciting driving down the Blvd.. So ~~ The 2 errands that had to be taken care of today were done without too much melting..plus there was only 1 vehicle that had a desire to crash into the back of The Very Fine Automobile, so all in all it wasn't such a bad morning.
Since I've brought my Art Stuff into the dining room, I'm probably going to be able to get some more collages finished. I worked out in the studio the other afternoon, but it wasn't quite as hot as it is today...so with The Dog laying next to the dining room table keeping me company, and Bluegrass playing on the speakers, I'm sure something will Happen!! I think that there are 5 files with collage bits and pieces in them waiting their turn at getting their finishing touches put on. I'm having some fun with some new paper I got on sale...12" X 12" sheets for .25 Cents!! Oh Buddy, you gotta know I made a trip to the Art store to get some of Those!! And I also found some new watercolor pencils that I'll experiment with...hopefully they will proove to be The Thing for me!!
Lady of The Tulips ~~ Who has now discovered a Christmas ornament that went thru last summer in the attic...but it aint quite lookin' the way it's suppossed to...I'll get a shot of it an' post this week...shwoo boy....

1 comment:

PennyBlue said...

LOVE the box...I think it's one of my faves of yours to date! OH and it's good to know I'm not the only on with a stray xmas ornament floating around! Lol Happy Day LT!