Thursday, July 12, 2007

I was minding my own business the other day, while searching for a coffee cup. I couldn't find the one I wanted, but decided that I wouldn't be lazy and resort to using a plastic cup from the dollar store. There must have been smoke coming out of my ears, because my youngest took one look at me and said, "Look, if you want a REAL coffee cup, I got just the thing for ya...use the one I got from work..."

Now, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I nearly jumped up and down when I remembered just how BIG said coffee cup was/is ~~ this thing isn't quite as big as some that I've seen in truck stops, where coffee cups are a serious matter. After all, when most truckers are looking at driving a minimum of 11 hours, a driver absolutely takes coffee cups/mugs quite seriously. So, I took the mug/cup from my son before I really took a close look at it. I beamed and said "Thank You!!" and proceeded to pour the measly little cup of coffee I'd been fumbling with into this quite large coffee cup...and had plenty of room left over. I even got more coffee out of the coffee maker into this monster and STILL had room to spare. Its a magnificent wonder.

The heat is making it a little difficult to Create today...and it's actually cooler than it has been for the past week or so. My thot for the day is to complete the 6 projects I've got stacked next to my work table ~~ But every time I walk out into the studio, the blast of hot air from that room just makes me change my mind, and I turn around into the dining room and consider something else. I feel like a cat....want to go out....want to come back in the house....want to go out....want to come back in the house....

Lady of The Tulips ~~ Who is considering a trip up to the Blue Ridge just to get out of this blasted heat...but is scared to pieces that The Very Fine Automobile won't make it up the mountain...

No comments: