Wednesday, January 05, 2011



So...there we were minding our own business on Christmas evening...driving home, an' out of the blue, Tom sez, "You know, I think it's trying to snow..." ~

Me being me, said very quietly, "You need to shut up..."

But, as much as I hate to say, the cluck was RIGHT - even tho all we saw on the way home were teeny little drops, across the other side of Ocean highway, our middle son was driving not 10 miles away, and it WAS COMIN" DOWN..he said it was really goin' - but he had to be somewhere, so like a smart guy, jus' kept goin', and thank the stars and moon, he made it to his destination ~

We woke up kinda early on the 26th, an' something told me that it jus' seemed too quiet outside..like even the little snow birds weren't makin' any noise, an' there are a couple that will let you know it's time for Good Morning, and How ARE YOU!!! ~ So...

I took a look out the window, an' part of this storm is what I saw - no, I mean, the other window faced due south, an' there wasn't a good spot I wanted to take a picture of..TILL I walked out in the kitchen, an' after finding out that everything in town & the COUNTY was shut down, I took a gander out the kitchen window...

An' there sat poor little Betsey Bus...getting HAMMERED by a Big Ol' Snowstorm ~ !!! ~ I mean, Look at HER ~ !!!! ~

Ok, so these vehicles are made in Germany, and yes, it does snow there..but for HERE??? - It just is so unusual..'specially this early in the winter..

And when the total numbers came in - 8" + for our area...16" up by where Dan's condo is in VA., an' the numbers 'course got worse in Jersey & New York...

But tom had no work the following monday..everything was shut down at the port, and his driver manager even called him on his cell phone, an' honest to goodness, I could hear the guy yelling, "NO DRIVERS OUT ON THE ROAD TOMORROW!!! REPEAT !!! NO DRIVERS ON THE ROAD TOMORROW!!!"..
'k, geeze..like somebody would WANT to go out in a storm like this?? -

So that day w/out work messed up our finances, but it's ok - now it's all melted, the sun has been warm: toasty in fact, an' the temps rebounded to nearly 50 degrees -

So naturally it's supossed to snow tonight an' again on thursday evening..an' tom's been driving nearly every night this week - this should be interesting ~ !! ~

But I've been doin' my best to keep weaving - working out some new purses, an' have some other new things in the works - Got some seasonal items ready to set up in the shop, and also have some other goodies that I'll post on here later this week, or early next week -

so it's been bizzy and bizz-ee-errr than a blue tick hound runnin' after a deer..shwwoo!! An' right now I gotta run 'cause some stuff is dry out in the dining room (I've been workin' by the fire to stay warmer than workin' back here in the studio..) so I gotta run like a bunny ~ !! ~

I'm Gone ~ ! ~


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: