Wednesday, March 23, 2011



Here's another of my fun little vans ~ I just love-love the color of this piece, and it turned out the way I wanted it to, so that's like getting 2 things for the price of one !

I've had the beads for some time, and I never could decide what to do with 'em, but once I started putting this piece together, everything just seemed to go together perfectly ~ My muse was in high gear, an' it seemed like a flash by the time everything was finished.

Tom jus' thinks these are the best Evah ~ An' comin' from him, that's sayin' somethin' ~ Noah, on the other hand, still is grumpin' all over the place about my work ~ He's insisting that what I'm doing, "Isn't work!! ~ Working at Wall Mart, or even at the office for here is work!!"...so much enthusiasm over what I do...oh well, as long as I'm gettin' things done, that's what matters to me! ~ An' I'd like to see HIM try an' get all those gazillion threads done right on the loom!! ~ Ha! ~ He'd be all about throwin' a fit if one of those things got into a knot!! ~ Ohh Boy, you'd hear him loud and clear!!

I'm going to do some other designs starting tomorrow ~ I have a couple rough sketches in my book, but nothing that I'm quite ready to lay out on the final paper ~ I have some ideas of how to finish them off too, but it may have to wait a week or so before that happens..I don't quite have the $$ to get the supplies I need..story of my life!! ~ But tha's ok, 'cause in the meantime I get to mess around with my sketch book an' plot out ideas an' whatever isn't good, well by golly, that sucker can go in the trash!! ~ So There!! ~ I'm thinkin' of a lot of things to make but I have to remember that I'm limited by how the final weaving turns out, and how to make the design work out on the woven "fabric" ~ Quite the challange!

So I'm waiting for the weather to do it's thing ~ We were warm today, around 65 or so, but it's gettin' ready to storm to beat the band, so I guess it's going to haul off and drop thru the basement tomorrow ~ Highs back in the 40's, so today was jus' a tease of spring!! ~ Blast!! ~ Oh well, there's next week..IF it is warm, then I'll start dancin' in the street..oh, no, check that ~ No Dancing Allowed in THIS "neighborhood" ~ Some yokel would call the Sheriff an' I'd get hauled off to the slammer!! ~ Tee Hee...!!

Must get goin' before it all breaks loose out there! ~Yikes!~

Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Darla said...

Loving the color of this one.

Darla

LadyTulip said...

Thanx darla ~!~ I''ve got a couple on my table that are nearly ready to pop up on here..all those little tidbits need to get done first! ~