Wednesday, August 10, 2011



The Hubs was busy doin' something when this picture was taken..we were walking back to our campsite @ High Country Bus Festival...we'd gotten a ride w/the owner on his little golf cart to visit friends at a section called "Primitive" - it was a bit of a walk, and the shade under all the wonderful trees was fabulous...

But I still have no idea what hubs was doing here..'capt that he got (you can just make out the roll) an incredibly large roll of trash bags..I've no idea how many are on the roll..but by the looks of it, we'll have trash bags for the duration...

What caught my eye was this wonderful cab-style (it has a specific name, but at the moment I can't remember..) vw..it's older than ours, and the guy who had it was all camped out with enuf things for what looked like a summer - worths of camping ~ Can you see the neat old cooler?..it was something I saw right away, an' was going to ask about where he found it, but by that time hubs was on his way down the dirt road, and I literally didn't want to get left in the dust.

It was so amazing to see what different styles, colors, and ways that owners have their vw busses done - bright colors, muted colors, some with custom paint that made me literally stop in my tracks (but was also sadly when my camera batteries died..boo..) - so fun, and everyone so eager to talk about what they have - and share! ~ Oh, how everybody wanted to share things - food, drinks, an'yup, even trash bags! ~
No!, you go ahead an' take 'em! ~ You never know when you'll need some extras! ~ I always take a lot of 'em with me!"

But now that particular week plus is all over, and the grind of daily life hits - too many sad things have happened since I got back, and it seems overwhelming to me - I keep going knowing that God has something at the end of all this for me, so that is what drives me - I am excited to say that this weekend me & Gabriel will finally get together and rework my blog..add pictures, possibly music..stream some pictures..oh!, so many ideas an' I'm looking forward to all the work.it's going to be a long day, but well worth it when it's all set up ~ Relief too, as some things that I want to debut will be ready ~ Oh!, just wait & see what's new! ~

But that's in a few days, and right now I have to get some fabric stabilized for cutting out, and some ribbons unearthed from their storage box..never a dull moment in the studio~

I'm Gone....


Lady of The Tulips

3 comments:

Darla said...

So happy to hear you got to go to a Bus Festival. It sounds like a lot of fun - and an armload of trash bags, LOL!

Darla

LadyTulip said...

I really thot hubs had lost it when he turned around w/the big ol' roll!! ~ But, they are always needed! ~

Laura Anne said...

Its always rough going back to the daily grind after such a relaxing time with great people, beautiful mountain scenery and perfect weather (except saturday evening!)
The only solution is to just live in your Bus! ;) It's always an adventure