Thursday, August 25, 2011



>> I MEAN<<

How cool is this Bus??!! ~~I had to get a picture of it when we were at the Festival last month (GHAWD! A month already??!!) ~ the people were just down the way from us, and were more thn happy to let me get a shot of this - I don't know what type it is - there are so many variations of the Bus, an' I don't know all of 'em - but this one is so very unique, it was just screaming out for a picture!! ~

And on a brighter note - I called a local printer, and to my much and great relief, I can get prints made from a batch of my original paintings/mixed media pieces, and they "clean" up any bad mistakes I made in taking the photos!! ~ I was sooo relieved when I talked to the shop person, you have NO idea!! ~ So, now all I have to do is make a few adjustments to some paintings I have and get them onto a SP card, and then take them in nextweek ~ I will also be trying to get some into a file and be able to download them here and get some other touches cleaned up so they can be seen by one and all!! ~

It's been a lot of work, and I'm trying to learn how to get some tweaking done to get rid of little boo-boo's when I use my son's camera ~ Oh! ~ Yes, our oldest loaned me his much much newer camera, and sloooowly I'm learning how to use it, download pictures onto a "zip" card, an' get them ready to make into prints ~ I'm tired from lots and lots of work with the thing, but I'm a tad better than I was over the weekend..I was SO frustrated with the thing...an' tom is absolutely NO HELP!! ~ I was crying and crying, trying to figure out how to make the pictures RIGHT!! ~ to no avail, and finally in a fit of crying and anger, I told tom, "Well, then just go ahead an' get a big ol' trash bag out, I'll just throw it all away, an' go back to cleaning toilets again...all these rich people need a girl to do that kind of work, they can be rude all they want, after all, I'm jus' a cleaning girl!!!".....

Tom just layed on the couch & never said a word..encouragement for my art would have been nice, but its not been around for a long, long time, so THAT aint gonna happen!! ~ So..it's all up to ME!! ~ An' I'm pluggin' away, learning bit by bit..'course it's gonna cost a lot more to get the prints made than I'd hoped, but that's how it goes ~

I will show some of my WIPtoo!! ~ They are fun, an' bright, and I hope one and all will enjoy them! ~ I've tried to get some different things done, so there is a bit more color and texture ~ Oh, it's been so much fun! ~

But for now I gotta go an' get yet another painting going! ~


Lady of The Tulips ~

3 comments:

Laura Anne said...

Making prints of your art is a great idea! I have a piece I have been working on, i am thinking may i can make prints of it when I am done~ thanks for the inspiration!

That type of a bus is called a Dormobile. I love those! Got some pics in my blog from Buses By the Bridge a man had completely redone his dormobile with drift woods and other fabulous pieces of wood. Love it!

LadyTulip said...

Ah! ~ I had no idea what the name of that Bus waz..I think the guy told hubs, but I didn't hear ~ An' ooohhh, I bet the one you saw in Az. was really cool..wish I coulda been there! ~

L.

Darla said...

Just stopping by to check on ya what with all the weather and quakes going on in the East.

Great looking bus.

Darla