Monday, August 08, 2011




I discovered this wonderful piece of art one morning while we were camping at the Bus Festival..I was so taken by the absolute perfection of it, I immediately went & grabbed my camera so I wouldn't loose the work..

It was fairly early in the morning..maybe 7 or so..I've no idea why I woke up so early, but after I got my bearings a little, watched some of the whispy fog float over the river and feel a wonderful soft breeze go across my face, this piece of nature at her best was what greeted me ~

It was so peaceful - the beauty of the web..the stillness of the morning, and the cool of the day ~ I wanted that moment to last till forever..I know it wouldn't so I did the next best thing I knew, and took a picture of the web...

Then this morning, tom had the opportunity to stay home a little longer than usual, so we were sitting on the couch, looking out the front room window, and my eyes caught a similar web strung from our wind chime down to the railing of the front porch...this was even larger than the one in this picture, so I was amazed that spiders can create such breathtaking things ~ Then I thot, well if the web of the porch is THAT large...uhmmmm...how big are the items that this spider is trying to catch??

'k..so that started to freak me out, so I decided it was best at that point to just get a cup of coffee, give the hubs a quick hug before we went up Ocean Highway to the big city, and start the day...

The heat is definetly ON, and the humidity is stiffling ~ I went to get what groceries I could afford for the week ($15.00...) then came back home and layed out to get cooled off in my bedroom...no breeze, just a tickling whisper of air coming in the window...why is it that when you absolutely need some wind, not just a tease of a wind, I mean a wind thru the window to cool you off?? ~

It's never there...

I'm optimistic the weather will finally break this week...maybe midweek the weather people say, but they've been known to flap far too much hot air about a lot of things..so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Onward to work over on the table...and hopefully some cooler breezes! ~


Lady of The Tulips

1 comment:

Darla said...

Something in this photo suggests embroidery to me, some fiber art of some sort.

Darla