Friday, September 09, 2011

>> 'k, so no picture today..it's been that kind of morning already, an' my poor brain feels mushy. Yee gadzzzzz <<

I will now say, that on the art front, this here is what I'm planning on doing ~

I've had my Weaving site working for just about a year, but to date, there has been little to nothing going on with it ~ I wove, wove and wove some more projects, got them all photographed, popped them on the site...

And have sold one piece since last fall.

This is not what I had in mind when I set out to make some fun funky and all together groovy handbags ~ If I stop and think about the hours of work, all the details and bits and pieces that have gone into each and every one..well, I get tears in my eyes, and certainly want to either start up recreational drug use, or start drinking again...

Neither one a positive outcome for just trying to make some items to sell..

So, once I get the "ok" from the powers that be where my weavings are being sold, I'm changing out the shop, and putting in prints of paintings and mixed media pieces that I've been doing for the last few months ~ There are quite a few available, all of them different from the other, and each and every one is full of color, life and fun ~ I've tried to make sure that they are something that will enhance a room, and make the viewer feel that they can be in the place where the artwork is placed..being in the center of where the situation is, where the artwork is showing itself to be ~ A place other than the stress filled place where most of us find ourselves each and every day ~

I'll price them accordingly ~ Nothing too over the top, and certainly not for super duper cheap ~ That is something I made the mistake of doing a couple years ago..spend hours and hours on work, took them to a shop, and for nearly 10 pieces of art, I made a whopping $45.00....

I've gotten smart since then, and decided that those people who want to get something for nothing will have to look elsewhere! ~

So, as I wait for the prints to get ready to be previewed at the printing shop, and get my orders for packing and shipping supplies, I'm looking so forward to people enjoying a little bit of Beach Life..a little bit of Romance, and a little bit of in-between pieces of original art that will bring joy to any room ~

Thats my news from here near the shore ~ I've got some work that needs to get going over on the work table, and of course, some pieces of fabric, papers, embellishments and assorted odds and ends (No!, not tom, tho he certainly is an odd one, tha's for sure...) All waiting for their place to be ~

In the meantime I'm thankin' our lucky stars that the hurricane that was suppossed to smack into us, well, that's what the weather people were hinting at last week...well, that thing has gone out to the Atlantic, and good riddence to it! ~ I don't think I could handle any more storms right now..too much going on.

And a good note to end on ~ I was so very sad and felt heartbroken after Irene, because I hadn't seen the family of bluebirds that live in the treetops of our property ~ They always feed right in the front of the little cabin, and they can always be heard tweeting and chirping happily between all of them...but I hadn't seen them since the storm, and I feared that they got displaced at best, but my heart felt that they were killed in the rain and wind...

WELL! ~ this morning I finally saw them, flying between the pine and hardwoods along the dirt road once again..Oh, it made me feel so incredibly glad!! ~ They are such a joy to watch, and the sound of their silvery little song is just breathtaking ~ I am so relieved that my tiniest of neighbors are now save and sound, and are gracing out trees once again ~ Miracles continue to happen!! ~

I am so blessed ~

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: