Thursday, February 22, 2007

I took advantage of the sunshine the other day an' got a picture of my lil' room -- This wasn't a day when the room was too overwhelmed with STUFF -- jus' one of the days where I'dtried to get some work done...in between the interuptions of the "children" an' their various phone calls...

The window is wonderful for watching the birds outside..an' since we're near the regional airport, I see all the planes taking off for various destinations..I think somewhere I'd mentioned that when my youngest worked at the airport, I'd taken him over so he could pick up his paycheck. While I was sitting waiting, another vehicle pulled up in front of me, with 3 people getting out. Apparently the woman driving the car was bringing a couple to the airport so they could fly somewhere -- home or whatever. So, while I sat watching, this couple kept pulling out suitcases, and suitcases...suitcases and suitcases...after TEN OF THEM ..my brain went into STOP MODE -- I was absolutely dumbfounded.

Now - I admit that I'm not one to be a Fashion Doll, or whatever the name may be...but by Golly Miss Molly -- I don't have enuf clothes to stuff into TWO suitcases, let alone 5 - 6 . I jus' sat there looking and wondering...

But back to my lil' space...(that rant felt good tho...) -- It's so nice when the sunshines in, and the temps aren't too hot...summertime can be pretty brutal tho...so I keep the sliding glass windows/doors open an' let in as much breeze as there can be...The Dog, sleeps over on the other side of the work table...tho yesterday she layed right by my feet and snored...I never can figure out how she decides where she's gonna lay down. I have to be very careful when I roll my office chair out away from the table, 'cause I may roll over The Dog...

But that's where the Muse comes in and joins me for my Daily Stuff...I'm not sure whether to call what I do "WORK" or what? Is there a correct name to what I do?? Should there be a name for what I do? I mean, like with a "regular" job..."I'm a receptionist.." "I'm a Nuclear Scientist.." WELL -- I'm an Artist!! So that IS what I do, and that is my "Title" -- my "Work" is that I create Art!! -- an' have the Sun to keep me company ~ The Dog to give me big sloppy doggie kisses...and the Breeze to keep me cool, an' remind me that the World will be ok...

Lady of The Tulips - who is now ready to go back to the work table 'cause the heater is warmed up now an' my fingers won't be too chilly to paint...

1 comment:

PennyBlue said...

I twas so uplifting to read about your lil space. I have lots of those bins too! And yes, usually dog at my feet. Stay warm, you artist you! lol