Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"Not Like Other Ladies" -- Copyright 2007
Spring Bay Studio

This is one of my more recent pieces that I had the most fun with!! She sorta came about when I'd been looking at some photos from my grandmothers college annual ( that doesn't look spelled right but tah dah...) and realized that there are just some people who do not fit the "Mold" and want to dress like, or have hair like, or drive the same car like Everyone Else..there are more important things to do...like have a party!!

This is in no way endorsing goin' out an' slammin' down a bunch of drinks at the local watering hole..this is jus' like havin' a "party" with the kids sharin' Kool-Aid, chocolate chip cookies, and realizin' that Other people may not like that...Well, for all of THEM -- tough!!! I lived in a place where a LOT of people were constantly all OVER me, tellin' me How to Dress -- What To Drive...Where to Shop -- etc. etc. !! So...this piece is for all of them -- You can't force me to conform to something I have no desire to do, and there should be no reason to TELL Anybody how to live their life to conform to a standard that doesn't fit them..

Shwoo!! That rant felt good!! -- And this piece is all about feelin' good!! The winter has been pretty nasty across the US, and there are some spots in Europe that have been hit really hard by some ugly weather..so this little "Lady" an' her friends are here to let everybody know, Go Ahead and Have Fun!! Put Down the Uglies an' have a good time!!

I'm now workin' on a couple new pieces ~~ think there's about 2 if not 3 in the works at the moment..the poor lil' craft table is jus' about maxed out on the room it has left -- most space on top of it is covered at the moment with SOMETHING -- watercolor pencils..stencils...glue...tape...acrylic paints...DOG HAIR...sigh...

Lady of The Tulips -- who has to let out said DOG 'cause she knows I'm tryin' to get something done away from her, an' she does get jealous...sigh...

1 comment:

PennyBlue said...

This is great! So festive! She would look cool in a little girls room. Cheers to non-conformity!