Sunday, February 18, 2007

~~ The weather service has been very good at telling us that well, yes, it is going to be cold for the next few days, and while it's a no-brainer, it STILL makes me so darn agrivated, 'cause there are people who have the time, dollars and a automobile that can make the trip down to FLorida...and totally excape all these stuiped little snowflakes...or in the case of the people in upstate New York, more snow piled up and up and up that anybody wants to think about.

OK -- it is February, but it gets a little tiresome when the car takes more than 10 minutes to get warm in the morning, and naturally one of the "boys" is running later than they should be...naturally that leave The Mom to try and get somewhere FAST when that very word is against all that's normal in her mind...and the past week was So much of that -- HURRY -- HURY -- HURRY -- an' then sit and wait while something else is going on. Had to take the youngest one to a couple of job interviews (and once again, the Bus system does not go anywhere close to any of the job sites...) and then had the joy of sitting in the cold patiently waiting for the interview to get over with. And wind is zippin' around the poor old car an' I'm wondering if it's really safe where I'm sitting....next to a railroad track, right in the smack dab middle of downtown in an industrial park...

Then..as if that is jus' not enuf FUN ~~ the Very Fine Automobile has been taken over by The Husband, so ME gets to take on the poor abused Saturn, that the oldest left for his younger brother to use. And, who naturally ISN'T using, because he doesn't even have a drivers license...Whoo Hooo....This really shouldn't be looked at like, well looking at a gift horse in the mouth..but this poor car is really beat to a pulp...over 200,000 miles on it...the transmission has a fun lil' thing about not going into gear just when the traffic lites turn green, and I'm stuck in neutral..or better yet, gets stuck in 5th gear while goin' along down the highway, and doesn't want to downshift to 4th...or any other gear for that matter. Scared? Naw, not me....REALLY scared is more like it, and looking in the rear view mirror with absolute fear is actually more like it...cars comin' up behind me at usually 10 - 15 mph over the speed limit, an' there I am, like a dead duck floating in the water....2 days in a row I messed with that sort of thing...an' now I'm realizing why my right arm, shoulder and back are in some sort of pain...fighting with the gear shift an' gettin' nowhere...an' naturally I would like to be ANYWHERE else...but, well, here we go back to wanting to be South where it's warm....

Fortunately there has been some more work done on the Collage side of things, an' after the first of the week I should be able to get something up on here...I've got a little fiddling to do on one of the mermaids I recently got set up...been messin' with her for what seems like For-EVAH but I think I've got her jus' about where she needs to be.. An' she didn't turn out too bad, even if I don't mind sayin' so myself....Had so many darn interuptions I thot I'd never get her done, but she's gettin' ready to make her lil' Debut...well, not quite the Debutante type of THANG but you get the idea...

Have only a couple minutes left -- the youngest is due home shortly, an' is gonna get some sleep after he gets back in here. That's what's tricky about sharing the computer...3 people, one computer an' one room to use it in...Get's a lil' hairy some times..."Are you done YET???!!" -- Once I hear that question between the brothers, I know there's gonna be some tense moments an' usually have to referee to keep the 2 from strangling each other...Ahh.....siblings....

Lady of The Tulips - who is still wonderin' how to go about getting warmer in the house without making the gas & electric bills more sky - high...sigh...

2 comments:

PennyBlue said...

Okay, four people, one computer and in MY bedroom! Believe me I can relate. Especially when the two teens start snarling over whose turn it is! Stay warm....spring's comin'!

LadyTulip said...

Thanx for the encouraging (sp) words -- I'm tryin' not to get too anxious about the cold weather stickin' aroun' longer than I think is necessary...sigh..

An' DON'T even get me goin' on the family an' the bellyachin' over the computer...I earn all my grey hair, that's all I'm sayin...

lauri