Thursday, February 08, 2007

~~ Pondering ~~ Pondering ~~ Pondering ~~

Been sitting looking at some watercolor paper I painted just the other day...got some tissue paper sponged up with a pale blue..and after applying the tissue paper to the watercolor paper, I wanted to apply this whole sheet to a piece of foamboard I'd cut out...well....I will readily admit that I'm lousy at math..an' even tho I measured TWICE an' thot the watercolor paper waz the correct size to fit the cut foamboard...OF COURSE IT WASN'T ~~ So now I have this very cool painted paper an' nothing to use it on..well, at least for now.

So - instead of making up a piece of foamboard with THAT little experiment, I've now got something completely different started -- I just cut out a batch of little stars, after applying (oh hush..that isn't spelled right so there...) some nice gold glitter all over them, an' they don' look so bad...I made it easier on myself an' used my craft knife to cut 'em out -- rather than use anything else...So -- now there they sit all alone an' forlorn on my craft table, waiting for their big moment to be used for Something...

But instead I came into the house to get warmed up a little. The lil' heater in the Studio is good, but I don't want to pay for some Exec.'s vacation at the Electric Company with the amount the next months electric bill is gonna be if I don't cut back on using the heater too much. It does make me ohh so cozy out there. Sometimes I get too comfortable in the heat an' then jus' sorta start starin' out the window an' then reailze I'm getting NOTHING accomplished...So I gotta snap back to attention, as it were, an' paint an' play with my Art Stuff..

The Husband has been given some blood pressure medicine for now..The Dr. took a couple blood samples the other morning, an' also gave him some cholestrol ( oh now that's REALLY spelled wrong..) medicine...so he's a happy camper for now. The Dr. said he will have to be seen the first of next month, an' that will cover him for his DOT physical - All he has to do is let the attending Dr. at the clinic (where the DOT test is taken) know he's under his doctors care, an' he should be able to get another 3 month extension on his card...

One of the people working at the Port said it may be worth The Husband's time to go check out a Health Food Store on the Oceanfront an' look into getting some herbal treatment for his blood pressure...so we may go an'see what there is...can't hurt...

Well -- Both the youngest an' middle one are just about finished w/their jobs for the day, an' they'll be calling for a ride home...naturally the job the youngest has for today, is not even close to any bus line, an' the middle one can't figure out if his job is on one of the bus lines that runs near our house or not...he's gonna check it out today. If it is, it'd be great, 'cause the Bus stops right in front of the building where he' s workin' -- Whoo Hooo!! -- How great is that??!!

Running off for now...well, not exactly RUNNING...that'd be kinda weird..last time I tried to run, the youngest was watchin' me & sez, "Please never do that again...." > Sigh <

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: