Monday, February 12, 2007

~~ "Star Fish" ~~

Copyright 2006 Spring Bay Studio

This was one of the pieces I got done fairly fast...got some of the collage papers an' jus' sorta went to glue stage pretty quick...then I got the "Does this REALLY look right?" kind of thots buzzing thru my head. So it sat on the work table for a couple dayz...then a week or so..finally it got to where I'd take a look at it an' get disgusted..that horrible "Inner Critic" was taking over my head, and it nearly drove me to distraction.

Finally I got back to work on it - got some other papers set on the piece with matte medium, and got to where it felt like it was just about as good as it was gonna get. The funny thing was getting all the beads to behave themselves. I'd used some glue that really, and I mean REALLY does a number on my head...fumes make me want to mumble an' fumble around. So I have to be carefull when working with the stuff. Anyway, got some of the beads set, and when Iwent to get a picture taken of the piece, some of the larger beads wanted to jump away an' go somewhere for the winter...talk about making me MAD....thank heavens all of them decided to stay put when I got another batch of glue slapped on 'em.

Now I'm pretty much in the same boat with another piece...it's been sitting on the work table for nearly a week, in different stages of "Done" --- no, NOT done -- then it was revamp time and all the original painting I'd done went out the door. Well, not actually out the door, just into another file folder an' put away till, oh sometime next fall....VERY confounding if I do say so. Now it's sitting back in different stages of layout. One would think that just putting together a collage would be a ~ ZIP ~ an' DONE kind of thing...if anybody out there can do that pleeze let me know...I just have to tweak every little thing these days when it comes to getting a collage done. No inner critic, just SOMETHING... The new piece will get done ~~ I'm jus' not too sure WHEN...

Jus' realized it's after 4 p.m. an' I haven't gotten a thing done in the kitchen...Dinner?? What's that?? Do the men in the house really REALLY want to eat something tonight??

Blast...suppose they do....other wise there'd be so much bellyachin' it'd be horrible...

Lady of The Tulips -- who - DUH!! - realized that she hasn't gone to the grocery store in nearly a week...could be that's why the refrigerator is nearly empty...'cept those weird things wrapped up in foil...hmm....

2 comments:

PennyBlue said...

I love the star and the beads!! You have those foily things in your fridge too?? lol

LadyTulip said...

*** Not only are there the foily thangs but there are also these strange storage containers with some strange species of mold growing in them, that are trying to overtake the refrigerator door ***

If you don't hear from me in a couple of days, it may be because of those storage containers...

lauri