Wednesday, May 27, 2009


"Floating" -- 2009
Spring Bay Studio



*** Here is one of the little projects that I've worked on while Noah & I were having fun around the cabin***


I had some idea of what to do with some paper I bought at Ollies -- it's a discount/clearance warehouse that always has a gazillion things on markdown. I found a big tablet of drawing paper, no label or name brand on it, but the price was so good, I took a chance. $3.99 for 50sheets of 70 pound paper. The fishies I made up were drawn, painted with watercolor pencils and acrylics, then sprayed with a thin coat of clear matte paint, just to make sure the watercolor would stay put once the piece is framed. The fishies just sorta came out of no where one afternoon...I'd been looking over one of the brochures Noah got when we signed up for his fishing license. The State of North Carolina will send you free booklets on freshwater, or saltwater fish, depending on what kind of license you're applying for.

So that's where my little fishie friends came from. A humble beginning in the warehouse of an old hardware store...Tom just loves discovering goodies in those places. There are, tho, some REALLY weird things on some of the shelves, so you have to watch the isles for what you're Really Looking For..I mean, it's so easy to get sidetracked an' think, "Well, Sure I could use this 96 oz. bottle of car wash!! It's only $2.99!! Whatta Deal!!" --- Come on, now. Really, when ARE you gonna honestly wash the car with the cheap car washing liquid?? It's even purple, for cryin' out loud!

Sorry -- short rant/telling of what Tom wants to buy..But there are some good Art Things on the shelves for Scrapbooking, Stationary and Writting Tablets. So watching tom ponder over yet another jar of "Super Car Wax!! " -- (yet again, $2.99...) I walk over to the other side of the warehouse an' try to pretend that he's just somebody I got a ride with to the store...

There are still some other fishies over on my work table, and I have a picture of another project that I literally have in the works..but I have to wait till tomorrow to show it, 'cause right now it's starting to get stormy looking, and The Dog is yet again starting to shake an' fall to pieces...there must be some lightning in the area, so here we go...

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: