Tuesday, May 26, 2009


>> Since the Laundry Room got done, it's cheery yellow walls make me feel like I'm no longer washing the clothes in a dark and scary place. <<

The room that Waz Scarryy had the Famous 4 Layers of wallpaper -- very ugly on a good day, and by the time poor Noah got to the verrryyy last layer, he looked like he was ready to go discover where the locals go for a good stiff drink. And Noah doesn't drink. So you can tell how disgusted he was by the whole effort.

I think the small window looks better with the nice coat of Ultra White all along it's sills -- there was a "white" on it before, but after both Noah & I took a couple look-ie-loo's at the paint, it seems like the previous owners family just threw some paint on the trim and sills, trying to make it look presentable for sale. I'm discovering lots of little spots all over the house like that -- One story I got, was that one of the daughters was responsible for painting and "Cleaning" the interior before we looked at it. Fat Chance. If anybody cleaned, they may have taken all of 10 minutes. Thank Heavens I've got a big can of cleaner that's been put threw the wringer since we got here. The walls haven't had it this good since they were installed.

The trim and cabinets that Noah repainted in the kitchen are similiar to what happened in the laundry room -- a slap of paint really, and I mean REALLY thinly slapped on --- was what the sellers (and the stories vary from telling to telling, as to who actually sold the house...some say the grandsons...others say some other relative..) did just so they could get what they could out of the sale. Noah was pretty upset that there had been so much just ignored over all those years. I had to remind him, that the people were well into their 80's, and it was probably one of the last things they could do. As for the family that was supossed to make the place look presentable...I just hope they don't have their heart set on being a full time painter, or carpenter any time soon. I'm not close to a Professional, but, man, there are some Basic Things that are supossed to be done when a repair needs to be made. It can't possibly be THAT HARD.

Ok -- that's my short Rant On All Things Not To Do...


But the blue paint in the kitchen makes it feel very calming, and even our oldest walked in and said, "This is a lot better!" -- For him, that's really saying a lot. He usually has zip to say about what we've done in the place. He REALLY flipped when he walked into the laundry room -- "WOW!!" -- At first when I heard him, I thought something was wrong..like one of the little lizards that live under the deck has snuck into the laundry room.

"Ma!! This looks all-right!!"

Well, my stars and garters...

So -- tomorrow I'll show 2 projects that I've also worked along on, while doin' the other places inside our little abode. Noah sez he's still gonna tweak some of the painting in the laundry room -- there are still spots where it looks like the previous owners used anchor bolts to hold SOMETHING up on the walls..???...I've been at a total loss to figure that out.

Maybe an antique wash pot?

noClue!!

Lady of The Tulips -- making this short, 'cause The Husband is on the phone....

4 comments:

Sharon P Pope said...

Love the yellow laundry room! So bright and cheery! Makes me want to redo mine. :) The kitchen looks great too. You and Noah are doing a great job!

turquoise cro said...

Very NICE!!!Lady T and Noah!!! That's a lot of work stripping wallpaper!!! I bet even Sara goes Bow WOW!!! when she goes in there! LOL

LadyTulip said...

** Thanx Sharon!! ** -- Noah is still workin' on some odds and ends, but the cabin is finally feeling like Home!!

An' Turquoise Cro -- would you believe that Sara only got into 1 dab of paint the whole time!! She even stayed away from all that old wallpaper goo!! HA!!


L.

Carolyn said...

Hey...it is looking good...makes me want to do some re-doing in one of my rooms...but it "ain't gonna happen"...at least not now while I'm working on my flower garden area. I've never seen so many roots that I'm digging up...and gotta get 'em up before I replant!