Tuesday, May 05, 2009


I'm going to do something of a little tease..no, NO -- Not THAT kind of tease. silly..

This is just a first shot of what the kitchen looked like with the old poohey wallpaper...if you look where the cabinets are..the counter space area..see the wallpaper with all the teeny little flowers and viney-like stuff? WELL -- that's all I'm gonna show for now...an' PLEEZE don't look at how dirty the kitchen was the day this shot was taken...it was before we checked out the dishwasher to make sure the old owners had fixed it completely..and the dishes were on hot stand-by..an' to make matters worse...Tom left the gallon of milk sitting out on the counter..bright...

Anyway -- now that my left arm has fallen off...no, check that. Now that my left arm FEELZ like it's fallen off, and my left hand is still swollen nearly double..the old wallpaper in the kitchen is GONE --ANd -- zippa-dee-doo-DAH -- the old and even more gross looking wallpaper in noahs bathroom is ALSO gone!! And --- just 'cause we were on a roll, the wallpaper in the MASTER bedroom is ALSO GONE!!

Le's Hear It for totally goin' for it!! 00h baby..

I've never worked so hard in all my life. Well -- actually when I worked on our old house, that was pretty close to the hardest I've ever worked. But that was so we could get the house SOLD -- so it was totally worth the effort. BUT -- this is turning out much better than we thot...I've got to make sure tom picked up the right batteries for my camera..an' I'll SHOW YOU the stuff we've been up to. Noah has done a fabu job at sanding, scraping and patching all the tonz and tonz of holes we kept on finding all over the walls. It honestly looked like the previous owners just decided to slap something up on the wall...then take it down..an' smack something else up on the wall. And thus there were something like 33,689 holes in noah's bathroom alone.

Don' ask how many there were in my bathroom...jus' say it was MORE THAN in noahs...

Yee Gads...

Fortunately putty and patch stuff is CHEAP -- tom bought another package of the mix last night for something like $15.00. Noah's already diggin' into the mix today.

BUT -- onto ART -- My CANVASES got here, and I'm so thrilled it's just too funny to be believed. Now I can put togeher all the little pieces I've been workin' on!!

But this computer is doin' somethin weird again...so I gotta run before it dies on me again...

Blast!!

Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Can't wait to see the results of your hard labor! We've decided to work on a "small" area in the yard...yikes, I thought it would be small, but the more stuff we pull out...the larger the section grows...and the more work we find we need to do...ain't that the way it always is! ...and I wish I had taken a photo before we got started.

LadyTulip said...

>> I can't count the time's I've worked in the garden, and after all was said & done..realized there was never a picture taken BEFORE!! Boy, did I feel like a sharp marble...

There are always so many "little" projects --then look what happens!!

L.