Thursday, May 14, 2009

>> This is going to be a quick post, as I've got to get some painting done in noah's room <<

We're just about finished with the rooms we've tackled!! -- It amazes me to see how a room can get transformed with a simple coat of paint!! -- Noah has also gone over some of the trim in the kitchen, which at first glance, we thot was in good shape. HA!! Wow - once he climbed up on the ladder, and got to looking along the trim line, and Up Close and Right THERE -- he discovered that there were some spots on the cabinets where they've NEVER been painted. Yee gads and gad-zooks...It really made me feel kinda ill. I mean, here is where the dishes are stored..food is put away. And there was all this gook hidden behind and inbetween the doors and edges of the cabinets. Ughh, it just makes my stomach feel twinge-eee.

So while Noah's been getting some of those things taken care of, I've been cleaning up all the old wallpaper, cleaning up where he had to patch plaster - sand - and resand some MORE - then finally paint. The laundry room is just a breath of fresh air now - it had 3 layers of really old wallpaper, and now it's the same color as my little studio. Tom walked in the day that the first coat went on the walls, and he was about just beside himself. Wow. He ACTUALLY paid attention to what happened. Imagine That!!

And -- just so I don't sit down at night and think that there's nothing to do...I've also got the peppers in the garden, redug and layed out a layer of compost in the large flower bed in the back yard, and have 4 spots ready to plop in the Basil plants. I just potted up some pumpkin seeds, and even tho I haven't a clue where those will go, I just had to have some planted. Actually I think they'll go in the same bed, just along the far edge, so they have the entire lawn to grow all over on/in/to/with..whatever. The funny thing is that when I was cleaning up the bed, noah told me to call his father and tell him to buy a bag of mulch for the bed..SAY WHAT??!! Here we have a gazillion places where there's wood chips, and he tells me to have the exact kind HE thinks should go on the bed...that that Specific Type (Pine Bark Only...) should ONLY be put on the bed...

OH STOP -- just quit looking at the grey hairs that are suddenly popping up on my head...

Thank You.

Anyway -- so I've been having LOTTS of Fun and Games here -- And the Full Moon certainly added a bit of frivolity to the mix...that whole Episode will be discussed later...I get a sudden headache when I think of the start of this week...

So I'm off to go check on some flowers out front...and this, that, and that and this...


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I've been planting flowers....and we've decided to undertake a new project for a new flower garden...but the more we work on it, the bigger project grows. But doesn't it feel good to get things accomplished in your house and yard...I know it does for me. And I just remembered that I need to take photos every day of what we get accomplished.

LadyTulip said...

OH!! I did the exact same thing with a garden in S.C. -- what was supposed to be small 1/2 oval garden next to a sidewalk, turned into a huge kidney shaped garden with over 35 plants...So much for "Plans" !!

The camera will get put into use first thing I'm working on another flower bed, that has lots of space for more plants.

L.