Saturday, June 12, 2010

Just a quick note - I'm not going to say too much, as one of my elderly friends from church passed away this week...I was worried about her earlier a week or so ago - her color didn't look good, and she seemed to be having difficulty standing.

But I felt that she'd get better - pull thru one more time (emphasima ) (sp) and just be there..smiling at church - o - being on her porch, waving as I went past on my bicycle.

But there are things that we just don't understand - and maybe never will. I will miss her, as she was always one of those people who you couldn't help but hug every time you'd see her. And she will be missed terribly.

The memorial service was just a little while ago - quite sweet, as she was sweet. There were many many tears, but there was laughter too - fun little things were shared..many happy memories. And that's what's important, I think - to keep the happy parts of every persons life in the front of you - 'specially when things get bad, sad, and you feel like there just isn't one more minute that you can stand it.

But now it's time to just pause - relish another day here on this glorious Earth. And believe that tomorrow will come around - and we'll all be better by and by..........


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Janet said...

I'm sorry you lost your friend. I'm sure she would be happy about all the nice things you said about her. And you're so right - we should keep all the happy parts in our memory. Life is good!!

LadyTulip said...

Thank You Janet - it was a very sad week, but now the family is starting to pick up the pieces and go on - It was very heartwarming to hear so many people say how wonderful and sweet the dear woman was - It's something to strive for, I think, in this busy world. Being mindful of others - and keeping yourself positive.

Life IS Good - ! -

Lauri