Tuesday, June 08, 2010


Wanted to sHare a shot of the pond where we camped at the bluegrass festival..

Now, I KNOW - your saying to yourselves (I knowe you are..) - "Why a picture from, like, a month ago??" -

WELL - 'cause this ties in with a place nearby where I ride my bike..

See..there are all these litte streets that go along the edge of the Sound..actually bordering the 2 "small" rivers that flow into the Sound..and some of these streets have some access places that are somewhat dank, dark and dreary..sorta like something out of a Edgar Allen Poe type poem...and there are days, 'specially after a rain, that when the water gets flowin' like all He** and get out, it really sounds like it's time for the FLOOD and we all better get ready to kiss ourselves goodbye, and in a hurry, thank you very much...

But there is one place, where there is an old empty cabin, teeny and looking like it's ready to flop right on into the teeny inlet...where the trees - grass - bushes an' vines have made it look like something Tim Burton would have a hay - day with (no, I've never know just what a hay-day is either, but it's always sounded kinda fun to me...) -

But this little spot is always incredibly green, not unlike this part of the shoreline where the Pond is in this photo. There are always something's scurring about when I go past this spot on the paved road..I can hear little animals (LAWDY, I hope their animals..like sweet little bunnies...or chipmonks..) or whatever else is lurking in there..sometimes when I'd walk Sara Beth, she'd always want to go crashing into the tangle of vines that grew up the side of a dead tree stump..all I could think about when she'd try this trick, was,.."Oh pleeze Lord, don't let this be too expensive when it's all said and done..I know she's gonna get bit by some horrid creature in there..."

Fortunately despite my fears and trembling, The Dog and I would not be attacked by anything jumping out of this spot..and for most days I just keep on riding my bike - cruisin' along..and really hoping that whatever is living in there will just leave me alone..

But it's so incredibly pretty..If my brain decides to work right, I'm going to take my camera w/me on my next ride in the afternoon, and take a whole mess of pictures, jus' so you know what it's like around here.

And maybe see what really IS living in that clump of stuff just over on the other road...

But for now, I gotta run & get groceries..it's that time of week, an' the 'fridge is lookin' really slap pitiful..I MEAN...the bottom 2 shelves are totally empty..the crisper drawers haven't had anything in them for a week or more...

Look, I jus' haven't been into the whole Grocery Shopping Thang - 'k? - makes my last good nerve twitch some times...all those people all barreling down Isle 5...trying to be the first to grab the On Sale! jar of pickle relish ("Two for One ~ !! ~ Today Only ~ !! ~)..

As if buyin 2 stuiped jars of relish is REALLY going to make or break your whole week, for cryin' out loud...

Well anyway...

I'm Gone...............


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Darla said...

Depending on the week I'm having the 2-fer on relish just MIGHT make it or break it, HAHAHAHA

What a beautiful spot. Lets go sit there for awhile.

Darla

LadyTulip said...

Oh Man Darla ~ !! ~ Your on ~ !! ~ I'd love love to go back to that ol' pond an' do nothin' but hang-out an' watch the fish jumpin' around ~ !! ~ Sound good??!!

An' yup - hate to say it, but the 2-Fer on relish may be the best thing for me this week...an' then I forgot to see if it was still on sale...sheesh...

Lauri