Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Thinking of You Faraway" - 2010 Spring Bay Studio

Here's the other piece that I mentioned was in progress over on the work table...it was fun messin' around with the papers - And there just is a little something about these papers from 7 Gypsies - Don't know what it is, but they all coordinate with so many others that it makes it a lot of fun to grab a file folder full of papers and get to work playing with all of them.

I have a piece that's drying now on my table, so that's going to get a picture in the morning. Right now it's getting a little steamy and since Noah is on this kick of not using the air conditioning in the house, it's not all that fun to trapse around in the studio hunting for odds and ends for a piece. I started to dig out some canvases, but thot about it - like, maybe it's going to be Tomorrow before I go scrounging around in the bottom of that closet for those canvases. Too humid to test whether or not I'm goin' to get dizzy from the heat.

Been there, done that.

And had to pay extra for the ambulance, 'cause at the time Tom was in the navy, and the military wouldn't pay the fee. Long story, an' I'll go into it another time. Still makes me raving mad about the whole deal.

BUT - I AM glad to say that I found some trims and some papers that honestly, I forgot I had. Some days the little brain cells just don't want to work right..but yesterday they were chugging along on all 4 cylinders, an' lo ~ !! ~ There in a little box were some trims that I thot got stuck wa off somewhere else. Huh ~ ! ~ Boy, didn' I feel like a jerk..here I'd been close to throwing a hissy fit, an' makin' a SCENE..when there the box was, all along - no more than 3 feet away from my work table. Duhhhh...

So those, an' yes, some of my 7Gypsies papers will all get together an' have a little party ~ !! ~ Yee Haw ~ !! ~

After I cool down a little more, 'cause right now the "Feels Like" temp. is 92 Degrees..an' the storm clouds are startin' to get their act together...yeeeks...best go before it all cuts loose ~ !!! ~

I'm Gone ~~


Lady of The Tulips

3 comments:

Janet said...

Humidity and me just don't get along!! I like living where it's dry. Even when it's hot we seldom get very much humidity. I grew up in central Illinois where we had our share of it.

I like the new piece....and I love 7 Gypsies stuff.

Darla said...

I've never tried the 7 Gypsies stuff but I hear it is great. You are being so prolific this summer.

Darla

LadyTulip said...

Oh Janet, let me TELL you - I thot it'd be a piece of cake this summer..."jus' a litle bit of humidity.." - I am like you - just can't take it -

Darla, you absolutely must try some of the 7Gypsies goodies..they are a dream to work with.

Thanx to both of you for stopping by - I'm going to stay indoors this afternoon ~ !! ~

Lauri