Tuesday, June 15, 2010


"To The Sea" - 2010 Spring Bay Studio

Here's the other piece that I worked out over on the table just this last week - I got the idea of the crab from one of the pictures that I saw on an area website, that tells of all the different species of fish and shellfish along the shoreline and further out in the Atlantic.

I wish that I could get some FRESH crab, but I don't know who to contact for it, and the cost is probably something that would make me go into an absolute hysterical crying jag anyway..as in - the cost for one full bushel is probably like $65.00 or something. Not quite in my price range.

But anyway - there are a couple other pieces getting all fixed up over at the table as we speak - I'm thinking of adding some of my fibers and threads that usually just sit in the box and get bored. I want to go off and buy a bunch of new stuff, but that aint gonna happen - 'specially since I've got some already in a big ol' storage box that hasn't been opened in something like 3 months. I hate to waste things, so they need to get used and not take up excess real estate.

And speaking of real estate - there are some new neighbors moving in around us - I'm not sure which little cabin they have bought, but I keep seeing cars and trucks loaded down with goodies sticking out from every area that's possible - windows crammed to the brim with stuff - the back of the pickup bed just overflowing with stuff...

Me, I'd thin out as much as possible, but I know there are people who would just as soon go into mourning, wear black for 3 months and continually throw ashes on themselves, rather than throw things away.

But I'm not a packrat - mainly 'cause there just isn't that much space to store things in the cabin, so I have to learn how to make the best of the storage areas I've got.

Which brings me to the point of where I need to be starting this afternoon -

Tom has a much larger closet than I do, but I'm the one with the boxes of fabric that gets used for blouses, dresses and what-have-you. Said boxes are beginning to show signs that all is not well in Storage Land, and they are beginning to develop middle-age spread...in other words, the middle of the storage boxes are bulging in the center, and the lids aren't closing right, so the fabric is getting dust in and around it. And I also have to dance around said boxes, and have my laundry hamper somehow in the same space...

So = since Tom has the space, and I need to get some of my storage things into that space, I first have to throw out, or take to the thrift store, all the old clothes that tom refuses to wear anymore. Well - maybe that;s too harsh a word to say...he doesn't REFUSE to wear them...they just don't fit. Eeek...yup - he's gotten to big for 'em, so they aren't doin' any good taking up prime real estate for MY stuff...

Chances are he won't even notice their gone outta his closet.

It's such a mess in there, I'm thinkin' he doesn't even know what's in HALF of his closet...

So, maybe not in the dark of night, but pretty close to it - I'm gonna start gettin' stuff put into bags an' take 'em to the thrift store this weekend..THEN that prime real estate is MINE ! Whoo - Boy ~ !! ~

'K - I'm not really frothing at the mouth over this, but I'm considerin' gettin' pretty worked up over it...

So I guess I need to go in there...yeekkk...'k...here goes nothin'...Wish me luck.... ~ !! ~


I'm Gone


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Darla said...

Crab cakes. Shall we?

I'm afraid I'm of the packrat species. Every once in awhile I get a big clearing urge and have to go take a nap until it passes.

Darla

LadyTulip said...

Ha ! I'm still in a similar stage..like, well, that mess sure needs cleaning up...I like the idea of a nap best of all ~ ! ~ So I believe I'm off to have one ~ !! ~

Lauri