Thursday, October 09, 2008


"Closest Confidant" 2008 Spring Bay Studio

This is one of the pieces that I've worked out, while painting the primer on my bedroom walls. The pieces that I assorted for this are some that I've had for over a year, maybe more. Why they've just sat in their little folder is beyond me, but that's how it goes.

I've got some other pieces that are sitting in a folder near-by...I can't decide if I'm going to tear them apart and start over, or if I'll just leave them be. There are some days where it seems like the thing to do, is just pull everything apart and start over. But sometimes, tht creates such a huge problem. Layout becomes confusing, and introducing new papers and objects doesn't always fit the theme that I want to expand on. Plus there are also the problems of what to choose for extra paint and how to combine some colors that you wouldn't wanna see on some "lady" in a bar at 2 a.m. on a bad night..in a bad neighborhood. These are the weird things that come up when I least expect 'em to, and sometimes the paint, papers and objects all flow together just like there was never a question..other times, I start to contemplate working at the local Fishing Center, and abondon all thots of being an Artist.

Noah went all OVAH the place yesterday -- he rode with tom up to the city and then had to take his bike and ride to an employment center to apply for a job that is about 20 miles from where tom works. That was the easy part. In order for noah to get to tom's terminal, he had to take his bike and ride on one of the area's scariest highways for 8 miles, then up and over one of the highest bridges there is in the south-east part of the state..then down another highway to get to yet ANOTHER highway to get to tom's terminal. All this just to get in an application for a job. AND THEN --- it ends up that the job only had openings for 3rd shift..something the people at the employment center failed to tell noah before he got off the phone with them on tuesday. Cute. When tom said that noah "Is gonna haf-ta ride his bike up over the gilmerton bridge" I didn't THINK about which one it is -- it's the one bridge that all the major truck companies use to get from interstate 64 and follow another highway to hit interstate 95...not too slick. Well -- for truckers it's a piece of cake..for some poor guy riding a bike up and over that bridge, it's absolute hell on earth, and rarely do you see anyone trying it...except somebody REALLY trying to find work, and doing everything they can to Get From Point A to Point B >>>I finally stopped worrying once they both walked in the door last night...

Speaking of work -- my middle son finally got the job he'd applied for something like a month ago -- he's now working in the mail room of one of the nations large railroad companies. I don't think I am supossed to say who they are -- security reasons or some crap like that. But gabriel had waited 'till he was ready to jump off the pier over on the Oceanfront, waiting for some word on whether or not he got the job. That's the thing that always FLIPS ME OUT -- why is it that companies SAY they'll Tell you within 10 days if you've got the job you've applied for -- or else send you a letter saying something stuiped like, "We've enjoyed you discovering the wonders of our Corporation, however we think you suck, so go away.." or something like that...The waiting game is not for most people who look at the rent "Past Due" notice, or the "Shut - Off Notice!! " from the Electric company -- all the while waiting for some Executive to say whether or not their going to hire YOU!! Ueerrr -- I got too many of those letters over the years..at one point while looking for work, I applied at 14 (!!!)different places within 2 WEEKS!!! -- and to this day I still have nothing to show for it. It was one of the lowest times EVAH for me. Not to mention all the miles I added up on The Very Fine Automobile...jeesh..


So now that THAT rant is done, I've got to go outside and check on my greens -- we've got collards comin' along really good in a couple pots..some broccoli too. They have really taken off with the little bit of cooler temps we've had the last couple days. So now this morning it's warmed up, and the poor little dears don' know what to do with themselves.

>> Lady Tulip << listening to somebody mowing their lawn RRREEEAAALLLYYY slowly...soundz like by the time their done, the lawn's gonna be growin' back about 5 inches...

No comments: