Wednesday, October 15, 2008



Here are a couple shots of what my bedroom is starting to look like. The closet doors have a nice crisp ultra white on them now..and the mellow blue that backs the little "wood" stove by the bathroom, just feel so much better than the old wallpaper. I've got to finish the trim, baseboards and toms double-closet doors, THEN I can sit and bask in the "new" room!!

I've got some work to do on the windows facing the woods -- they have sliding vinyl shades on them..there's a name for the things, but it escapes me for the moment. The previous owners must have spent quite a bit on the window coverings, 'cause while I was in the hardware store last week, I priced new coverings, and they were anything but cheap. For a small dimension covering, the cost was over $25.00 -- and considering my windows are over 36 x 54 or some such thing, I didn't even get close to that size covering. Yup -- that clucking sound you hear is me, being an absolute chicken, at looking at higher prices for my room. Call me a cheapskate, that's fine. It's either that, or just blow open the checking account, an' then wonder how to pay for food for the rest of the week. Minor details, that buying food thing is, anyway...

SO -- what ELSE there is -- IS - the canvas is DRY on my little piece that is calling for me to download it. That will have to wait 'till tomorrow. I had to set it on my son's old dresser, that I use for some storage in the studio. The dresser has had much, MUCH better days >> In fact, it was given to me while I was in high school, so that tells you how long I've kept it. And then, my middle son Gabriel had the habit of writing ALL OVAH the darn thing while he was little. I asked him just a couple years ago, why did he always write his name EVERYWHERE??!! "I just wanted to make sure I spelled it right.." Ohh my nerves...But the dresser is good and sturdy, so the next big project is to clean it out, throw out old bits and pieces of "ART SUPPLIES" that I thot I'd absolutely-positively-have-to-use. Well -- those things may be kept, but since most of them were this side of garbage when I bought 'em, I'm doubtful they'll ever see a canvas. Maybe they will. But they have to REALLY become NEEDED before I slap them onto the canvas. Or be able to sing "America The Beautiful", or something like that..

Lady of The Tulips -- who keeps hearing the sound of a vehicle outside, an' even tho it sounds like the mail truck, it's something else...hmmm...

No comments: