Monday, October 13, 2008

>>> There are some days where I just want to run over to the street behind my little cabin, jump up on the dock that sits quietly on the river, and then JUMP IN THE WATER <<<

Now -- I KNOW that just sounds too weird, but for the life of me, I am having the most trouble with my dumb little camera. I've tried just about everything I can DO with it, to take a good clear picture of some of the new canvases I've worked out. But NOOO -- The Little Camera from Hell DOES NOT WANT TO BEHAVE!! -- a picture I take will look good in the view screen on the camera, an' then when I download the picture, it looks like something made the picture just sneeze badly, an' blur, distort and altogether make the shot look HORRID. BUT -- I also did not buy a very high price camera..and it WAS on sale a couple years ago...and it WAS the last of that particular design for that camera manufacturer. In other words it's jus' not all it's cracked up to be. BLAST...and DOubLE BLAST!!


So anyway -- How Are You??!! -- I am happy to say that I've gotten some more painting done on the walls in my bedroom -- IF the camera GODZ are good tomorrow, I'll take some more pictures of the BEFORE and AFTER of what the room looks like. It really is quite amazing just what a coat of paint can do to a room. I was telling my sister, that I've sorta slid a question past Tom, in the form of a request/question on whether or not to buy some ART for the walls. Naturally I did the questioning while Tom was good and distracted, so I knew that the odds were in my favor. NO -- it's not being dishonest..just sorta/kinda sneaky. Otherwise I'd never get anything done around here. SOO -- while Tom was watchin' baseball or one thing or another -- I casually said that there is some ART I need to get an' blah-blah-blah .. an' made it seem like RIGHT NOW -- it must be HERE!! -- HA!! Worked like a charm!! He said "Sure, go ahead an' get somethin'" - so, being The Good and Dutiful Wife that I am -- I will INDEED get the art we NEED for the bedroom walls.

I've found some mellow beach scenes...a couple floral prints..things to make it feel serene, along with the nice blue that covers the walls. WHHEEE -- it will be NICE when I get it all done...!!!

I've gotta run an' see what Tom's up to -- he's gonna take part of tomorrow off, so he can go pick up the used/new car for us -- the dealership isn't open on Sundays, so tom has to get to them when he can...but he WILL be back at the terminal for the afternoon...All these THINGZ!! -- yeee gads ---

~~ Lady of The Tulips ~~ Listening to somebody walkin' down the dirt road, havin' some kind of conversation that doesn't sound too good..."Is this an arguement?" ~~~

2 comments:

Emily said...

"naturally I did the questioning while Tom was good and distracted" -- oh you are brilliant! I have to remember this when asking next time. We have three kids, new puppy, crazy busy lives, and it just doesn't work to sit down for those long drawn out discussions about every little detail - I MUST remember this strategy!

LadyTulip said...

>> OH!, let me tell you!! << This strategy works like a charm. I highly suggest it for everyone. Let me know how it works out for ya!!

L.