Thursday, December 09, 2010


What better way to say Christmas is here, than with a sweet little gingerbread boy ~ ?? !! ~ I sat at my loom and put together this wonderful little guy, and even If I don't mind saying so, he did turn out awfully cute, didn't he?? I sat and thot of how much fun it is to do weaving, and by the time I got him all done, the time just seemed to whip past -

I've got some other pieces to show too - all cheery and very fun - I think personally that they just have to be in everybody's home for the holiday - ! - And they are so full of joy, I can't stand it!! I've had so much fun putting color and beads and collecting up my yarns for these little pieces that it almost doesn't feel like work at all ~ !! ~

Tom's work is slowing down - again - and we're trying not to get scared about it - the truck co. manager at his particular terminal is one of the most difficult people to work with, and it looks like some of the contracts they've had in the past are leaving - a bad reflection of management, but the drivers can't do anything about it - just try and live with less and less work...sigh...an' what a horrid time of year to be losing work ~ !!!! ~ I'm trying not to get discouraged by it, but it's really hard - tom just keeps on keepin' on, and really, that's all one can do under the circumstances ~~

I have to run - tom's already done for the day & is one his way home - it's been a rough week for the poor guy - a deer slammed into the right front end of his honda car @2:30 a.m. monday, then 2 days of short work..he's somehow keeping cheerful thru all this, but don't ask me how ~ !!! ~ an' to add insult to injury, when he was coming home yesterday afternoon, he sees THE SAME DUMB DEER eating along the side of the road, none the worse for wear after messin' up toms car ~ ! ~ Can you believe that??!! He was about speechless when he saw the thing ...dumb thing...

'k - gotta zip away ~~~~~

Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Darla said...

He's a cutie! You've really taken off with the weaving. Doing great stuff.

Deer seem to like to hang out on or by the highway. I can't figure it out.

Darla

LadyTulip said...

Ha ~ !! ~ You & me both darla - I can't for the life of me understand what goes on in their lil' pea-brain!!

Glad you like my lil' guy - More to come ~ !! ~

Lauri