Tuesday, September 11, 2007

~~ I've been sitting at this old computer for almost a half hour, trying to get directions for The Husband so he can go get some paperwork done that he needs for his CDL -- No easy feat to try and find just the correct state office..not so easy trying to find the correct directions, or a link that works so you can get directions...blah...My head is trying to ache and after all the playin' around, The Husband sez., "Well, I know where that is..it's really easy to get to.." Please do not become alarmed when you hear screaming from this direction...it's only me and my last good nerve giving up the ghost...

I've got a canvas panel just getting dry with a couple shades of blue for a new project. I'd started the project before my mini-stroke, and now I'm getting the energy to get it finished. I found 3 canvas panels that I wasn't even aware of!! Sitting very nicely on a shelf in the studio...boy don't I feel like a dummy! So, one of them now has a mellow blue on it...combination of a turquoise blue and a bright blue...sounds kinda jarring, but with a little blending, the colors come together really nice. I've got some sketches of fishies that I'll copy onto some paper that I have from another abondanded (would you believe I do know how to spell?) project...not too heavy and isn't too thin so it'll take some inks and watercolor pretty well. I'm gettin' to where I can work at some stuff without getting incredibly tired within 45 minutes. But I can't work out in the studio 'cause of the heat..too much out there. So I've moved a conglomeration of goodies into the dining room and have them waiting for me to get crackin'! It's over 90 degrees in the studio right now, and w/high humidity I'm not gonna take any chances and work in that swampy environment.

The oldest called to say he's goin' to the movies this afternoon. The last movie I saw was "Lion King" with a group of kids from the little town church where we used to live. The Husband isn't one to go out to dinner or movies, so I'm somewhat behind the times when it comes to new flicks. My middle one gave us a pass for one of the theater chains, but The Husband hasn't taken me to see anything yet...what's a year among friends, huh? Anyway, the oldest is pretty jazzed 'cause he has the day off, so he's goin' to have some fun instead of gettin' last minute phone calls from co-workers who claim their too sick to come to the restraunt to work...one of the Asstistant Managers just plain didn't show up one night...needless to say she's no longer working at that location.

Well -- it's off to do some painting and cutting out little fishies for my project. I'm gonna sit down and get a quick rest afterward...the youngest has a softball game this afternoon, so Yours Truly has to go pick the guy up from work and take him over to the ball field...the bus won't get him over to that part of town in time for his game, So I'm gonna go play Let's All Drive Safe and hope that no jerk smashes into The Very Fine Automobile. ..besides, it's got a Brand New Grateful Dead sticker on the back window, so I don't want That ruined!!

Lady of The Tulips -- who has decided to go with a completely different color for one of her fish now that she's had a chance to sit and mull it over...whoo boy...watch out!!

No comments: