Tuesday, September 25, 2007


"Tropics" 2007 Spring Bay Studio
I wanted to make sure the stains from my work table didn't get in the picture, but there they are for all the world to see...Sorry that they look even worse in a picture than I thot they would. But at least there is some kind of proof that the table is actualy being put to use!!
I got this done just in the nick of time..as it were...The Husband was sleeping the afternoon I got this done ( Sunday ) an' was laying down to get some sleep before goin' up to the Shanandoah Valley the following morning to get a load of chicken: so when he said he'd take me to the fabric store an' that was all for the day..Boy Howdy...I haven't gotten pattern numbers -- fabric choices an' free give-aways-all packed together in my bag SO FAST..in a looong time. But I got it all done..this collage..bought the fabric..got 2 patterns ( 99 Cents Each!! ) grabbed a spool of new thread..grabbed 2 free sewing magazines and payed for it all an' zipped out the door!!! I'm suprised I'm not still tired from it all!! But am glad it all got done...
The Youngest is waiting for word on another job..the one employment agency told him today that they will have something for him in the morning...so he's chowin' down on some sausage and red rice, then he'll get ready for a softball game later this evening. The Husband sez he'll take The Youngest over to the baseball field 'cause he knows I'm havin' trouble seein' at night now...hmm...irritates me. But anyway...I've got a couple other pieces in the studio waiting for a couple extra papers to get cut out...along with part of a blouse to finish this week. So much for layin' low an' takin' it easy...I'm still waiting for Mr. Doc to tell me somethin' -- I may be 120 before I find anything out at the rate it's goin' --
This is all for the moment -- Have-ta go an' get dinner from The Youngest before he eats it all...he does love that sausage an' red rice..my oh my...
Lady of The Tulips -- who is wondering where her other hot pad in the kitchen has gone..it either ran away over the weekend or somebody threw it away...hmmm...

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Another beauty...your art always makes me long for a lazy day at the beach...a good book...and of course a frozen margarita...woohoo

0{:)

LadyTulip said...

~~ Yaaahhh for the frozen margarita!! ~~ forget the book!! lol --

Glad you like this little piece..I had fun puttin' it together. Makes me wonder about some stories a friend has from livin' down in the Fla. Keys...interesting, very interesting...

L.