Wednesday, September 26, 2007

~~ Today I've been playin' around with some collage papers and just haven't decided where I want to set down 3 sheets that have me absolutely dumbstruck...the colors in the papers are just wonderful, and I want to use the whole sheet..but then with only a specific space to work with, it's just a tad bit difficult to use a 12" X 12" sheet on a 9" board...And, if I use an entire 12" X 12" sheet, what will I do with all the others? Leave them out on the curb to rot and float away with the wind? Wait a minute...I can't leave anything on the curb...I have to notify the City first before leaving anything for Pick-Up with the Recycle Center or Refuse Department...sheesh..

I also got a little bit of sewing done on a blouse this morning, before driving the youngest to another interview at an employment agency. While I sat out in the car waiting for him, I shetched some little fishies again. They seems to be hounding me everywhere I go these dayz. But back to the blouse...I found some fabric the other day like I said here yesterday...Got the fabric washed an' tried on the blouse with just some pins along the seams. The fabric is a nice and soft cotton. I nearly gak when I try and wear certain polyesters ..they make my skin sweat just looking at some of them. But, there are blends that are wonderful, and I never have a pip of a problem with them. Go Figure. Anyway -- got the youngest to the interview and when He got back in the car he didn't have much to say. Seems the job the agency has lined up for him also has 11 other people that are picked for the same position...as in his words.."Is not lookin' so good here..." Poor Guy...


The Husband had one of those dayz yesterday that makes one wonder what our government is ttrying to accomplish. Because of 9 - 11 there are a gazillion new Security Checks that all the drivers at the Port's have to go thru, plus several new badges that all drivers must wear, an' several new cards that have to be scanned and verified before freight leaves each and every spot then out the gate and down the road. Which ~~ to make a long story short ~~ makes for a long day and not much freight being moved in literally the right direction. The security cards don't want to be scanned..some of the ultra-uber cameras that Film Everything aren't filming a fly, let alone anything else. And the New Security badges sometimes need to be viewed 3 or 4 times, leaving the drivers sitting in the sun, baking away in the afternoon heat and contemplating a career change . Usually The Husband moves about 8 or 9 freight loads a day..but with some of the new Security Measurers, he's lucky to make 4 or 5. Nothing like Better Efficiency for the Good of Us All...He was so tired to sitting and getting nowhere fast, he said he almost took a nap at one of the Ports yesterday, but couldn't get comfortable enuf to stretch out in the cab of the truck...sheesh...

I've got a bottle of paint that I rediscovered over the weekend. I've been trying to get it back to life, as it somewhat dried out during the heat of the summer out in the studio. I think I may try in just a little bit to get it shook up one more time before giving it a shot on the piece I'm workin' on now. The color is called "Bright Blue" and at first glance it doesn't seem like much...but when positioned next to a more light blue, it absolutely pops!! Whoa!! Suprised me when I first slapped some on a used sheet of paper. Well...so much for a color fading away into nothing-ness!! Now I'm excited an' want to go play. Whoooppiieeeee.....

Lady of The Tulips -- who now has to decide whether or not her one last old thrift-store shirt is worth salvaging after splatering paint all over it...Oh Blast..It'll get painted on!! Only cost $2.95 in the first place!!

No comments: